how difficult is it to get 32 ib points?

deeznuts

It depends on so many factors that it's virtually impossible to estimate it for "an average student". It depends on your subject choice, how good are you at these subjects, and how easily you acquire knowledge, what's your definition of "difficult" and "easy" and how you measure your studying intensity. It will also depend on when you're asking this - you'd have to put way more effort to improve from a low score in 2 months than in 2 years. And depends if you count in bonus points or not.

So a not-so-serious answer is: it's difficult. But not really. :P

And a more serious one: unles I'm wrong, the world avergae IB score is somewhere around 32, so seeing how the IBO adjusts grade coundaries, most of the students who do actually put some effort should be able to achieve this. But with not data, nothing more can be told.

• Like 1

It's not difficult at all! With an 'average' amount of effort exerted towards your work, you can expect at least that score. Many students go beyond 38 points and a significant number also manage to get above 40. It's not impossible at all. Just depends on what kind of student you are and how much effort you're willing to put in.

I think getting a 32 should be easy with some effort but it honestly depends on the persons capability. If you pick subjects which you liek and think you can do well in, you should be fine. The average score in my school was 35 last year and since i just finished IB 1, according to what I've seen, if you work hard and so well in class, a 32 should be pretty easy to get. :D good luck 

Easy if you're willing to study

thanks, on average how much would a person have to study per subject to get 32 points?

I think getting a 32 should be easy with some effort but it honestly depends on the persons capability. If you pick subjects which you liek and think you can do well in, you should be fine. The average score in my school was 35 last year and since i just finished IB 1, according to what I've seen, if you work hard and so well in class, a 32 should be pretty easy to get. :D good luck 

thanks!, on average how much would a person have to study per subject to get 32 points? i'm halfway through my finals

thanks, on average how much would a person have to study per subject to get 32 points?

Easy if you're willing to study

thanks!, on average how much would a person have to study per subject to get 32 points? i'm halfway through my finals

Well it depends on how good your school is, if they give you all the resources, 3 hours a weekday should suffice. But honestly it isn't hard at all, the average IB student in my school get 37 with about that much study (smart study, don't waste time)

TBH i kinda slacked of during my second term and hence, the 35 :( but ive decided to make some changes and put in a minimum of 3 hours per day as well. If possible 4. In the first term i just had 1 or 1 and a half hours of study a day and maybe that was cause the portion was less too. Since you're half way through, maybe 3-4 hours of actual studying a day should be fine.