Sign in to follow this  

HL MATH CALCULATOR HELP

Hi! I will be taking the HL Math exam soon and I am confused as to what apps are allowed on my calculator? I have the TI 84+ c silver edition. I have these apps that are preloaded on the calculator: 

• App4Math
  • Polynomial Root Finder/Simultaneous Equation Solver
  • Finance
  • EasyData

Thank you for your help!

Edited by SailinWind

Well, I know that my Nspire has to be in test mode, and that in test mode the Polynomial root finder/ simultaneous equation solver is removed. So I imagine, at the very least, that shouldn't be allowed on the test. Finance is still enabled, not that it helps with anything. I don't know about those other two.

Well, I know that my Nspire has to be in test mode, and that in test mode the Polynomial root finder/ simultaneous equation solver is removed. So I imagine, at the very least, that shouldn't be allowed on the test. Finance is still enabled, not that it helps with anything. I don't know about those other two.

Is it really the case that we can't use PolySmith? I sat in 2014 exam, and everybody in my class was allowed to use that. You can take a look at this thread that I started last year: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/29299-gdc-use-in-the-exam/#entry215773

So SailinWind, I think both Finance & PolySmith (Polynomial & Simultaneous equation solver) are allowed. I'm not sure about the other 2 either. You should maybe check that with your math teacher or IB-coordinator. Good luck with the exam!

You're supposed to uncheck "disable polynomial root finder and simultaneous equation finder" along with a couple of other allowed options when going into the test mode on the nspire mate. I'm 100% positive that you're allowed to use both during the MaHL exams.

• Like 1