Physics SL

@ibsurvivior downwards. My thinking was, that since the elevator is going down, it would add more force due to the accelration which could be shown as MxA and so mg and add the acceleration of elevator going down = mg+ma? tell me what you guys think?

If it was going downwards then that means that

mg - T = ma, since Mg > T.

So -T = ma - mg

T = mg - ma

Edited by IBsurvivor2015May

Well there were some things i 

Same as above, P1 was horrible, but P2 was pretty easy (although i still had a few questions wrong here and there).

Why wrong ?

Well, there were some things i just did not remember very well, and i think they might deduct some points for that. Also i had only eaten a bit of cereal at like 7 am, and was doing paper 2 at 11 am, and i was starving, so i wasnt really taking my time with questions, since i was really eager to go home and get something to eat.

Someone with TZ1?

Yup, I did TZ1, I found paper 1 pretty hard but paper 2 was a gift from heaven compared to other papers... how did u find it?

Yes I find pape 1 harder, I had to guess some questions, paper 2 was easier however I wasn't able to finish so I left a1 empty :(:S and I did question 7 for section B

• Like 1

What did you guys think about paper 3 in Tz2?

Answered options B (Quantum physics) and E (Astrophysics)

I found B had weird questions (find the current? wtf) and i wasn't able to prove the second calculation.

Option E went very well though, it was easy.

I'm hoping a 5 for physics... (overall)

What about the quantum question: if the wavelength of the light is decreased when light is incident on the metal, show that the amount of emitted electrons will decrease? I think there was definitely a mistake in that question, because decreasing the wavelength will only increase the frequency and hence the energy of emitted electrons but not freaking decrease the number of electrons? What do you guys think?

ps I did astro and quantum

Edited by Badalyan

What about the quantum question: if the wavelength of the light is decreased when light is incident on the metal, show that the amount of emitted electrons will decrease? I think there was definitely a mistake in that question, because decreasing the wavelength will only increase the frequency and hence the energy of emitted electrons but not freaking decrease the number of electrons? What do you guys think?

ps I did astro and quantum

yes, i thought there was a mistake as well. I couldnt make sense of that question either.

I did option A and B. A was pretty much doable and some questions were easy but I felt that B was difficult this year. Some questions like the current one and prove that, I couldnt get them. 

Edited by IBsurvivor2015May

• 2 weeks later...