HELP on minimum score

lolfinnaflunk

Hi there,

So it looks like at this point I'm in serious danger of getting a 1 on the IB Mathematics SL exam, considering how well I've been doing on practice exams. 

I received a 14 out of 20 on my IA (at least that's what my teacher gave me for a score, but it was selected to be sent to IB, so it could change by one or two points. My guess is that it will stay the same).

So here's my question: what are the absolutely minimum scores I can get on Paper 1 and 2 to get a TWO overall on the IB exam?

I have pretty high expected scores in all of my other subjects, so if I can get at least a TWO on the math exam, I can still get my diploma. My only problem is that a 1 is looking pretty imminent right now, and there's not much I can do seeing as Paper 1 is on Tuesday.

I know that there isn't an EXACT answer you guys can give me, but a ballpark range is at least helpful.

Thanks! 

Edited by lolfinnaflunk

How badly are you doing on your mocks? There are 90 marks (if i recall correctly) on the tests, you only need about 20 to get a 2.

Here are the grade boundaries for last year, they are in alphabetical order so math is about halfway through. While they might be different from this year's boundaries, they are a good estimate.  http://www.dpcdsb.org/NR/rdonlyres/257D5ECC-B156-4400-B0C7-D765BB3D4855/140115/201405_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

And that 14/20 on the IA gives you about a 4 or 5 in the IA which is about 25% of your overall grade. So I honestly see it pretty hard for you to get a 1 on Math, especially if you have predicted 7's in everything else.

So in general, you'd need maybe 1/3 of the questions right to get a 3 overall grade.

Edited by Guest