English A EE: Religious themes/symbolism in CS Lewis' works

mezoc

Hi everyone. First time poster here so sorry if I get something wrong!

I've thought a lot about what I want to do for my extended essay and finally got it narrowed down to "something about religious themes and/or symbolism in CS Lewis' works". Obviously that's way too vague. My two questions are;

1. Would it be better to write just about the Chronicles of Narnia? On the one hand, books like The Screwtape Letters are too obviously about religion, but on the other hand, I don't want to make it too narrow and not have enough to write about, or seem too focused on his more popular work.

2. How can I make "something about religious themes and/or symbolism" more specific? I'm hopefully not sounding like I'm asking anyone to write my RQ for me - what I mean is, I don't even know where to start really with narrowing it down. I feel like it would be really easy to accidentally choose a question that would lend itself to just listing things rather than analysing - that's one of the things I'm most worried about.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mezoc

• 4 years later...

Weirdly, im doing my ee on the exact same thing. And im just curious to know what you did in the end, seeing as this post was made in 2015. That is, If you dont mind me asking.

Would the IB even be okay with me writing about anything even remotely religious?

Edited by Mezzoforte17
typo