Are November exams more difficult in your opinion than May exams?

maturk

Hey guys,

I've been practising a lot for my chemistry SL finals which are in two days and I keep noticing that, at least in my opinion, the November exams are a lot harder than the May exams. Now by a lot I mean that I am pulling solid 7s from the May exams but low 6s from the November exams. For example, the May 2013 Chemistry SL exams and the November 2013 exam were so different in the level of difficulty (especially paper 2). What do you guys think? Have yall noticed the same thing? Or am I just being crazy...

Haha cheers! :) 

I think it varies by paper, I've seen easy and difficult papers across all my subjects in both November and May sessions. 

I don't think there's any intentional pattern, though if deemed more challenging the grade boundaries are likely to reflect that. 

Edited by OMGIBISFUN
  • Like 2

Yes, like OMGIBISFUN said, it doesn't matter anyway, the grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly. So the top specific percentile will always get a 7, no matter how hard or easy it was.

But yes, I do agree that the November exams tend to seem a little bit more tough, I don't know why though!

• Like 2

Okay so I wasn't being too crazy XD Perhaps it has something to do with the number of candidates who test during these times because I know for sure that more candidates around the world test during May than they do in November. But its difficult to say, at least I know many of you feel the same way. Cheers!