Math SL Paper 1!

Klauu

I did TZ1. The majority of it was fairly easy for me, surprisingly.

....and then I got to question 10 and wanted to rip my exam paper. :help:

Did anybody in TZ1 get it? It was the one with Bob and Ann playing some stupid game with 8-sided dice. :dash:

Yes! I stinking hate Ann and Bob. It was apparently a geometric series question :( The last two letters in 10 had to do with geometric...which was a total of 13 marks!! D:

In 8 (e) when they asked to find the area of the triangle, I couldn't figure that out either. I knew WHAT to do and I showed that, but my numbers were pretty messed :/ 

Edited by IbTrojan

Did anybody in TZ1 get it? It was the one with Bob and Ann playing some stupid game with 8-sided dice. :dash:

Yes! I stinking hate Ann and Bob. It was apparently a geometric series question :( The last two letters in 10 had to do with geometric...which was a total of 13 marks!! D:

In 8 (e) when they asked to find the area of the triangle, I couldn't figure that out either. I knew WHAT to do and I showed that, but my numbers were pretty messed :/ 

GAH I just now realized it's a geometric sequence. fuuuuuuu-. :dash:  I'm hoping I at least did well on the other problems so as to compensate for that. :bawling: I can't wait to discuss Paper 2, heh.

I think I did TZ2.

There question 9 was vectors, and I had some trouble with the parallel vectors and the line equations.

The last part of question 10 where it asked for f(0) was complete hell...

Overall the exam began easy and went to hell at the end.

Yeah it was TZ2, I know! Last part of 10 most people in my class just couldn't understand it, it was really bad. What got me even more annoyed was that it was a 8marks questions, so more than half the whole question was for that part

• Like 1

I really hope it's like last year's where 76/90 was a 7 for Paper 1 and 74/90 was a 7 for Paper 2. Actually, I just don't hope it's higher than that. 

GAH I just now realized it's a geometric sequence. fuuuuuuu-. :dash:  I'm hoping I at least did well on the other problems so as to compensate for that. :bawling: I can't wait to discuss Paper 2, heh.

I can't wait to discuss it either. The stupid mistakes and the proud correct answers. I think until I get my marks in July, all I'll be doing is :dash:

Notice how both timezones had a tough probability question? :P

I wouldn't say our TZ2 was nearly as hard as TZ1. All we had to do was divide 2 numbers, and get the answer. It was recognizing that the question was a expected value question that made it confusing. TZ2's derivative and vector questions were the real challenges.

I wouldn't say our TZ2 was nearly as hard as TZ1. All we had to do was divide 2 numbers, and get the answer. It was recognizing that the question was a expected value question that made it confusing. TZ2's derivative and vector questions were the real challenges.

Ohhh, I see. Our vectors question wasn't too bad (I think it was 8) but the last letter where they asked to find the area of the triangle... :( Just no

I had trouble with question 7, didn't knew what to do. Also with derivates I didn't knew that f^3 was the third derivate :/ so I did it like f(x)^3 haha what a shame. Vector was really easy to me but question 10 was like hell

I had trouble with question 7, didn't knew what to do. Also with derivates I didn't knew that f^3 was the third derivate :/ so I did it like f(x)^3 haha what a shame. Vector was really easy to me but question 10 was like hell

Is this for TZ1 or TZ2?

My exam was for TZ2 and omg!!!! Some questions weren't to bad but the last question was such a pain, the probability one with the 10$ and winning... that one i coudnt figure out. I did write something involving the expected value so im hoping that i got some points. There was some other question i coudnt figure out, cant remember it. My brain is fried from paper 1 and 2. Cant wait to discuss paper 2 and omg chem exam tomorrow, time to study!

I did Paper 1 TZ2 too. Like everyone else, it was fine at the start but then towards the end it started going downhill.. I messed up the f(0) question because I recognized that you needed to subtract one integral from the other but didn't know what function to use after that, so I'm hoping for 2/3 method marks there and I also messed up the expected value question too through the algebra I used, I forgot that 10/0.4 is 25 not 40 :unsure: But overall I hope there are low grade boundaries so I can get a 5 :P

Edited by Richard Bankole