Math SL Paper 1!

Klauu

TZ1 here, most of our class came out of that test not knowing where they were haha so yeah it was pretty brutal for them. I found it simple until the last few questions.

The amount of faith we have on the bellcurve is ridiculous. If, for some stupid reason (but pray to God they don't come up with said stupid reason), the boundaries are high, we're all screwed. But based on the feedback so far, I'm seriously hoping boundaries will be low (for math and chem)

• Like 1

I did TZ1. The majority of it was fairly easy for me, surprisingly.

....and then I got to question 10 and wanted to rip my exam paper. :help:

Did anybody in TZ1 get it? It was the one with Bob and Ann playing some stupid game with 8-sided dice. :dash:

Yes! I stinking hate Ann and Bob. It was apparently a geometric series question :( The last two letters in 10 had to do with geometric...which was a total of 13 marks!! D:

In 8 (e) when they asked to find the area of the triangle, I couldn't figure that out either. I knew WHAT to do and I showed that, but my numbers were pretty messed :/ 

GAH I just now realized it's a geometric sequence. fuuuuuuu-. :dash:  I'm hoping I at least did well on the other problems so as to compensate for that. :bawling: I can't wait to discuss Paper 2, heh.

I totally considered the idea of the infinite series but I was like "nah, they're asking probability, so I'm just gonna not do it". UGH I'm still screaming over this

I did TZ1. The majority of it was fairly easy for me, surprisingly.

....and then I got to question 10 and wanted to rip my exam paper. :help:

Did anybody in TZ1 get it? It was the one with Bob and Ann playing some stupid game with 8-sided dice. :dash:

Yes! I stinking hate Ann and Bob. It was apparently a geometric series question :( The last two letters in 10 had to do with geometric...which was a total of 13 marks!! D:

In 8 (e) when they asked to find the area of the triangle, I couldn't figure that out either. I knew WHAT to do and I showed that, but my numbers were pretty messed :/ 

GAH I just now realized it's a geometric sequence. fuuuuuuu-. :dash:  I'm hoping I at least did well on the other problems so as to compensate for that. :bawling: I can't wait to discuss Paper 2, heh.

I totally considered the idea of the infinite series but I was like "nah, they're asking probability, so I'm just gonna not do it". UGH I'm still screaming over this

That happened to me too. I was wondering, "hmm, this couldn't be from another unit...could it? Nahhh, it's probability why would they do that?" Stupid me -.-