Math Sl paper 1 2015

Mohammad

After discussing Paper 1 so much, and writing Paper 1 and 2 chem, I can't even remember the exam :/ But if you have a specific question, I'll probably remember :)

The one regarding the total cost of the wedding guests? 

it gave a fxn like 95e^(-0.002x) + 40 or something like that

After discussing Paper 1 so much, and writing Paper 1 and 2 chem, I can't even remember the exam :/ But if you have a specific question, I'll probably remember :)

I don't remember what I got, but I remember realizing that you have to plug in the number of guests and then multiply that number (the cost of ONE guest) by the total number of guests again to find the FINAL cost (which they had bolded)

I don't remember what I got, but I remember realizing that you have to plug in the number of guests and then multiply that number (the cost of ONE guest) by the total number of guests again to find the FINAL cost (which they had bolded)

Do you remember how to do the one with the vector transformation? It said it's transformed so that there's only one x-intercept or something 

Do you remember how to do the one with the vector transformation? It said it's transformed so that there's only one x-intercept or something 

Not too well... was that the one with the 20 degrees, island and supply store? I don't remember the actual question though...

Not too well... was that the one with the 20 degrees, island and supply store? I don't remember the actual question though...

No it was the one where they gave us a function ( i can't remember what it is) and then they said it gets transformed so that the fxn only has one solution. 

No it was the one where they gave us a function ( i can't remember what it is) and then they said it gets transformed so that the fxn only has one solution. 

I don't remember this question :( Sorry dhruval.shah I generally tend to forget questions on tests and exams after writing them, I don't mean to do it, I just do :/ 

Does anyone remember the answer for #7 TZ2? (the fair game question) :D

I got 25 dollararrow-10x10.png. :o What about you?

I thought it was pretty hard exam...specially the last question. Whole question 10 was horrible... :(

I got the same answer, hope its correct.. :3  

Yeah guys, I got 15$ using the expected value equation.

A fair game means that the E(x)= 0. If she chose white it means Rose gets nothing in return, hence she loses 10 dollar. From this we deduce that if white P(X=x) = 0.6, which is -10 for x.

If she picks black then P(X=x) = 0.4. However we need to find the amount of money she gets back.

so formula is 0= 0.6(-10) + 0.4k.

From this we get k=15.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...