Hw long did your school give you to study for exams?

We didn't get time off. But we finished math before March break and thus had 6-7 weeks to prepare. As for chemistry, we finished at the end of the third week of April which kind of sucked :/ 

My school board's also on strike so the past two weeks, we've had all the time in the world to study 

It was honestly dependent on the subject.
Most, if not all, of our teachers told us in September to begin studying, but that probably doesn't count as they were still shoving content down our throats :lol:

The last day of IB History course we took a practice Paper 1, I remember. My last day of classes was about a week and a half before the exams began so around there I'd have to say.

I had two weeks vacation from April 17 to May 4 so I had a minimum of 2 weeks for my HLs (I had all of them in the first week) and around a month or so for SLs. Some classes finished earlier like Maths where we finished the syllabus around mid/late March and French B where from the oral individuel and tache écrite onwards we did nothing; but others don't have good teachers like Bio HL and ESS (same teacher but only me and one other student do both) and we finished the syllabus maybe a week before, or English A HL where our teacher wanted us to know four plays for Paper 2 so we started the fourth one two weeks before.

It depended on the class, but we got around 2 weeks more or less. It was definitely not enough time, and my school is actually changing the school year next year in order to give us more time to study for end of the year exams.

We had good three weeks of study leave, and managed to finish the syllabus in almost all subjects a few weeks before that, so we actually had some time to revise also in-class. Thank heavens, because I have no idea how would I force myself to chemistry otherwise... Revising the option this morning at 6am (with the exam at 8) speaks for itself, I guess. :P

My school is kind of ridiculous with this. We barely finished the syllabus in most classes, got no time off and I literally just had to turn in an assignment for english today - it was a creative writing exercise but I had my Chem HL exam on the same day. So, we didn't get much time at all to study.

• Like 1

My school is kind of ridiculous with this. We barely finished the syllabus in most classes, got no time off and I literally just had to turn in an assignment for english today - it was a creative writing exercise but I had my Chem HL exam on the same day. So, we didn't get much time at all to study.

Wait, you mean language A/B assignment, something along the lines of WT/WA? Wasn't the IBO deadline for that months ago?

Wait, you mean language A/B assignment, something along the lines of WT/WA? Wasn't the IBO deadline for that months ago?

No, it's not an IB assignment. Just something they're making us do. Our school essentially has two grade books - one as the IB one and the other with grades to meet the school requirements which is based off the American education system. This assignment had nothing to do with the IB but they made us do it for other grades anyways.

No study time whatsoever and we didn't make it through the whole curriculum in Bio HL or Physics SL, and barely finished on the last day in English HL and History HL. Also all our IAs were due within the last two weeks of March. Even though we've been testing since May 4th and will be done Monday, we still have homework assignments that need to be turned in on Tuesday.

Edited by metsfanAJM

No, it's not an IB assignment. Just something they're making us do. Our school essentially has two grade books - one as the IB one and the other with grades to meet the school requirements which is based off the American education system. This assignment had nothing to do with the IB but they made us do it for other grades anyways.

Although our school didn't make us do assignments during the exams (I feel sorry for you guys), they did give us 4 tests and 2 assignments the week before. I feel kinda down that everyone at least got a week to study but we don't get any. I shouldn't care that much tho because my first choice university accepted me without my ib grades (we have to do the regular program too and they used those grades. I kinda feel like IB has been a waste at this point, 2 years and you got into exams feeling like ****. 

Although our school didn't make us do assignments during the exams (I feel sorry for you guys), they did give us 4 tests and 2 assignments the week before. I feel kinda down that everyone at least got a week to study but we don't get any. I shouldn't care that much tho because my first choice university accepted me without my ib grades (we have to do the regular program too and they used those grades. I kinda feel like IB has been a waste at this point, 2 years and you got into exams feeling like ****. 

I know exactly what you mean! Like yes, I appreciate all the extensive learning through the IB and it has definitely helped me develop a greater interest in various subjects but in the US, they really don't care about IB grades because the results come out so late. You can get credit in some colleges from a 4 in certain subjects, but many other universities are completely indifferent to the IB.