Sign in to follow this  

May15 Spanish B SL Paper 1

Anyone else take this exam yesterday? Maybe it was just me, but I thought this was harder than the May 2014 paper.

Same. The only topic I was comfortable answering was the customs and traditions. I felt like I droned on and on though! I had a fellow classmate do the technology one, with robots, and he started talking about how robots would take over the world and destroy our race 😂

Same. The only topic I was comfortable answering was the customs and traditions. I felt like I droned on and on though! I had a fellow classmate do the technology one, with robots, and he started talking about how robots would take over the world and destroy our race

Ha, I talked about the same thing :D . Yeah, I definitely feel like I rambled on a bit, but I made it to almost 400 words, so hopefully it works out in my favor.

Overall, I definitely feel better about Paper 2 than Paper 1, which has always been the case for me.

Definitely! I've taken practice tests for paper 1 and I've always scored lower. The Spanish teacher from my school and the other IB Spanish teacher from a nearby school both feel like paper 1 for SL students is still above our level; it's not exactly

An accurate measure

Paper 1 wasn't bad -- I got through all texts okay except A. Everyone else thought C was the hardest text.

Paper 2 wasn't that bad either -- I went with the first prompt about cultural diversity and wrote an email about how I'm studying abroad and my host mother does all the chores for me because its customary in their country. So much BS...

Paper 1 was difficult, I then saw my teacher a couple of days afterwards and she was enraged, it was a very tough paper and she thought that native speakers would find one or two questions difficult as they were badly worded. Wait and see...

I live in Spain, so I guess my level might be higher than others (no offense). I took my spanish exam at SL because I wanted to do it this year, so I only have 5 next year. Anyway, I agree that Paper 1 was a bit harder than last ones, but I found Paper 2 to be quite straight forward and on par with previous years.