SL Math Paper 2!

IbTrojan

Guys is it okay for the sequence question if I used the method of individually calculating the results? How many marks would I lose?

I did it individually too :P I guess it should be fine as long as we get the correct final mark... It didn't say a specific method to solve the question so what we did is probably fine.

• Like 1

What did everyone get for the yogurt container cups? The new standard deviation? 4.87?

Yup I got 4.87!!

What? I couldn't solve for it myself, but I used sigma^2=4.00 because one question said that prove that sigma=2.00. Please explain how you got 4.87...

Paper 2 TZ2

Edited by AnonymousGlassesIB

What did everyone get for the yogurt container cups? The new standard deviation? 4.87?

Yup I got 4.87!!

What? I couldn't solve for it myself, but I used sigma^2=4.00 because one question said that prove that sigma=2.00. Please explain how you got 4.87...

Paper 2 TZ2

They're TZ1, TZ2's normal distribution question was different :)

Yup I got 4.87!!

Paper 2 TZ2

They're TZ1, TZ2's normal distribution question was different :)

Oh thanks, I almost had a stroke :)

Guys is it okay for the sequence question if I used the method of individually calculating the results? How many marks would I lose?

I did it individually too :P I guess it should be fine as long as we get the correct final mark... It didn't say a specific method to solve the question so what we did is probably fine.

What if we didn't get it correct?

TZ2 -

last question (10) on trig wasn't hard but it was such a pain to rearrange the equation and finding the intersection points. I think my methods are right, but the answers might be wrong since I didnt have time to recheck (pretty sure the the last question of question 10 was all wrong since I forgot to subtract the area of the triangle)

Question 7 wasn't bad this time. Our teacher prepared us so well for any questions dealt with discriminant and quadratics.

But question 10 really blew my 7 away though. Just going to pray for a 6.

Generally, examiners will give you ECF (error carried forward) points if the markscheme allows.

Generally, examiners will give you ECF (error carried forward) points if the markscheme allows.

Okay, so approximately how many marks out of 7 would I get?

i found this exam similar to the november 2014 exam but that exam had high grade boundaries too ><

it wasn't difficult for me, but it just took a lot of time bc of the kind of questions there. Also if you misread things (like me lol) you could mess up a lot. I was lucky enough to realize when i read a question wrong but others i know didn't :/

It honestly depends on what the markscheme allows! Sometimes you can score 6 out of 7 marks, sometimes it can only be 2. It's very dependent on the marskcheme. I've seen both cases on past SL maths papers. Let's just hope for the best. :)

It honestly depends on what the markscheme allows! Sometimes you can score 6 out of 7 marks, sometimes it can only be 2. It's very dependent on the marskcheme. I've seen both cases on past SL maths papers. Let's just hope for the best. :)

Thanks

For question 10 I understood it in the last like 10 minutes of the exam. You had to do derivatives and inverses I think and you would eventually be able to cancel out everything but the variable.

But at least number 8 was easy I'm so happy that it was just simple trig

• 3 weeks later...

In my class we couldn't solve the last two points of section B, The one of probability and the one that had the strange square triangle thingy. Did anyone else had that exam?

:(  -_-

This was my worst exam paper, and I couldn't solve either of the 2 questions. 32 marks gone.