'Examine' Questions

Hey all,

I have midyears coming up (on Monday, actually) and we got told our History question beforehand to ease us into it. We're doing the 'question' "Examine the successes and failures of collective security in the first ten years following the First World War" (paraphrased, I believe, as I can't remember it exactly).

I'm relatively okay with all of it, but I was wondering, how do you make a thesis for this sort of statement? There's not much to, in a sense, be argued here, I assume, so what would we put into the introduction to make the entire essay relevant?  I hope this makes sense!

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!

Hi,

If I were you, I would attack the creation of the thesis like this: I would find my stance. I feel that the collective security was pathetic, so thats my thesis. But, you should choose a side and pick arguments for that. Word of advice, pick the side you have evidence for, whether or not you believe it, because end of the day, your evidence brings your grade. Your EE is where you can put your viewpoint and work things out, but I digress. Anyhow, the point is, choose what you think is right and make  the thesis based on that.

Hope this helps,

King112