French B SL Tips

Annabelle

Hey guys 

What are some tips and suggestions you have for French B SL that's coming up for TZ1 this Monday/Tuesday? I usually do pretty well but because I haven't studied at all or put any thought into it (I prioritize my other subjects) I think I need a little more prep than I usually do for midterms and tests (I would get ample practice by going to class). What are your tricks for Paper 1 and 2? 

P.S I'm not aiming for a 7 so anything that makes it easier for you is welcome to be shared even if you get 4s doing it.

For Paper 2, my advice is to make a list prior to starting, of the things that you want to make sure to include (subjunctive, a si clause, futur, etc) and then make sure to include each at least once! Also, be aware of what you should include for various text types- that's an easy five points! Finally, make sure to connect your writing to French culture to boost your message grade (for example, if you're talking about going on a trip in France, mention the food or something). Honestly I don't think too much studying is required. Good luck!

• Like 3

For Paper 2, my advice is to make a list prior to starting, of the things that you want to make sure to include (subjunctive, a si clause, futur, etc) and then make sure to include each at least once! Also, be aware of what you should include for various text types- that's an easy five points! Finally, make sure to connect your writing to French culture to boost your message grade (for example, if you're talking about going on a trip in France, mention the food or something). Honestly I don't think too much studying is required. Good luck!

This sounds like a great idea. Do you have any websites or notes on the complicated structures? My teacher wasn't very good at going through them with us.

This sounds like a great idea. Do you have any websites or notes on the complicated structures? My teacher wasn't very good at going through them with us.

Sorry, I don't really have any good notes on the complicated structures, but I recommend the website french.about.com because it has an overview of all sorts of tenses and complex structures, including regular and irregular conjugations as well as how to use the tense or structure. For example, here's the page for subjunctive: http://french.about.com/od/grammar/ss/subjunctive.htm

Hope this helps!

Here is a list of the things I would make sure to include (of course, some can overlap, like if you use the futur in a si clause, and if you can't use every single one, that's fine. just try to use more than just passe compose or imperfect):

• passe compose
  • imperfect
  • futur
  • subjunctive
  • conditional
  • si clause
  • imperative
  • Like 1

Honestly, just read lots of French articles and like check to see if you can understand it. I find that helps me a lot for vocab, grammar, and comprehension which covers both papers. I'm feeling calm about Paper 1 but Paper 2 might be a tad iffy just because there's no autocorrect ://

• Like 1