History HL/SL Paper 1

metsfanAJM

I did peacemaking, and I found it easier than the last year.

me too! were you able to complete q4?
yes I was , but I did not feel that I wrote a good essay , but I used all the sources and own knowledge! but I did not focus on topic sentence and such things .

Locarno Springs and the Ruhr Crisis were the two I skipped and I said to myself "they wouldn't do it twice in a row" and they did so that was kind of extremely foolish. Other than that, I tried to tie in all other knowledge and just hoped for the best tbh. 

All my mock-exams went really badly.. (I am talking about Level 2,3,4...) I thought that the topic "Locarno Spring" was quite easy, although I was told by my teacher that the topic that would probably come up would be either Abyssinia or Manchuria. I am just hoping for the best!!! 

How do you guys think it went yesterday? I'm in History of the Americas HL and did Arab-Israeli Conflict, I thought it was pretty straightforward and about the same difficulty as the practice papers we did in class.

I did the Arab-Israeli Conflict as well!! I thought it was fairly easy definitely easier than practice papers in my opinion. We did Paper I on the same topic from 2010-14, so definitely a decent exposure to different types of questions. I'm hoping I did well on it - I feel quite confident. ^_^

I and some others in my class struggled to find things to compare and contrast for the Locarno (peacemaking and peacekeeping) P1 - did anyone else have that problem? In the end I think I got enough points but I spent way to much time doing it. As a result, my essay was rushed. Despite that, I think it went alright.

• Like 1

I and some others in my class struggled to find things to compare and contrast for the Locarno (peacemaking and peacekeeping) P1 - did anyone else have that problem? In the end I think I got enough points but I spent way to much time doing it. As a result, my essay was rushed. Despite that, I think it went alright.

Were you in TZ0? cuz I took that one about the Locarno treaty--- I found the compare and contrast question a bit difficult (especially with one being the actual transcript from the Locarno treaty-- i had a hard time finding comparisons and contrasts with that one)... otherwise, I had a strange intuitive feeling that it was going to be on the Locarno treaty, and I finished the essay just in the nick of time... slightly rushed..