Is this a good hypothesis?

usernamed

My biology internal assessment is on "The effect of different hydrogen peroxide concentrations of different types of yeast catalase"

As hydrogen peroxide concentration increases, the rate of reaction of yeast catalase will increase. However, eventually yeast catalase will become saturated, as it has reached its maximum rate possible.  This means that increasing the substrate concentration will no longer effect the rate of enzyme activity. In this case, the rate of enzyme activity will stop, and it might eventually decrease. 

^ That is my hypothesis for it. And for those who have had previous experiences with the biology IA, can you please tell me whether my hypothesis is okay/good?

Like is there something I need to change? Should I shorten it? Or is this amount okay for a hypothesis?

Thanks! 

I think you are offering good points, but there is something missing. You are probably familiar with the idea of using PEE (Point evidence explanation). What I can see from your hypothesis is the P and E but not the second E. May I suggest, you add a justification to your first sentence.

For example you can say:

As the concentration of hydrogen peroxide inceases, the rate of reaction of yeast catalase will also increase giving a positive correlation. This is because the hydrogen peroxide acts as a catalyst and thus speeds up the rate of reaction.... (IDK something like that, but you get the point)

Other than that, your hypothesis is fine:)

• Like 1

I think you are offering good points, but there is something missing. You are probably familiar with the idea of using PEE (Point evidence explanation). What I can see from your hypothesis is the P and E but not the second E. May I suggest, you add a justification to your first sentence.

For example you can say:

As the concentration of hydrogen peroxide inceases, the rate of reaction of yeast catalase will also increase giving a positive correlation. This is because the hydrogen peroxide acts as a catalyst and thus speeds up the rate of reaction.... (IDK something like that, but you get the point)

Other than that, your hypothesis is fine:)

Right, okay. 

Its always good to have someone else look at my work, because its always likely that there's something I cant spot that someone else might. 

Anyways, thankyou very much!

• Like 1