History HL Paper 2

zuza9692

How was it for you guys? I am TZ2 and I chose propaganda topic and how did the WW2 influanced the society. It was better than I thought.

Good, I did an essay on the ideology in Spanish CW and the role of Truman and Stalin in the start of the cold war. Those are essays 5 and 27. I was actually hesitant as I wanted to do an essay on dictators at first haha. I am scared af for paper 3 on monday. What essays did you do?

• Like 2

I think I'm TZ1... I did the question in section one - number 6 I think - the one about economic impact being the longest lasting effect in 20th century wars. In section 5, I answered number 27 - ""Truman started the cold war, and in 1962, Kennedy resolved its largest crisis" to what extend do you agree with this statement?" I feel like there was a lot to talk about for that one. Talking to some of the others in my classes, it sounds like most people answered number 27 and had similar things to say about it. 

I was a little nervous about it - with the time constraints and all of the HK but there were a few questions I could've answered confidently from each section (1 and 5) so it all worked out. I think it went well!

• Like 1

For Topic 1, I did a question on revolutionary movements as the cause of conflicts, but I challenged the question and said there were many other causes too, I hope that's alright. Then I did question 27 which seems to be the most popular- loved how easy it was to think of things to write!

I chose topics 3 and 5, questions 13 and 25. For 13 (how economic factors led to the rise of two leaders), I talked about the rise of Hitler as a consequence of the reparations from the Treaty of Versailles, and Stalin from economic hardships in Russia. 25 was about the Marshall Plan, which I was glad to see because it was somewhat related to my EE. Overall I feel it went decently, could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

For Topic 1, I did a question on revolutionary movements as the cause of conflicts, but I challenged the question and said there were many other causes too, I hope that's alright. Then I did question 27 which seems to be the most popular- loved how easy it was to think of things to write!

yes! I did the revolutionary movements as well! Except I couldn't think of a second conflict so I wrote on the remiliterization of Rhineland by Hitler as the revolutionary movement to trigger his outrageous fearlessness that led to the Second World War. 

I totally blanked on what Kennedy did otherwise I would've also written on that question ugh. But yeah I wrote on the Marshall Plan and hoped for the best :/

I did TZ1 topics 2 and (I think?) 8. The first was over how technology prolonged WWI so I talked about new inventions that led to the stalemate and that counteracted the traditional strategies, stuff like machine guns, airplanes for recon, etc. I then countered with how tanks were super important for the Allies and also other factors that were just as important in prolonging the war

The second topic I chose was something like evaluating "popular support, not the use of force" was instrumental in the establishment of single-party states. I used Perón as a pro-popular support example and Hitler as a pro-force example (I almost used Stalin before realizing that he technically didn't ESTABLISH the USSR. Thank god I caught that!)

I'm SL, but we have the same topics so. I chose question 13 and 27, about the political conditions of the rise of dictators and the responsibility for the Cold War. First essay was better than second one, like always, but still decent I hope. 

However, I wrote "Declaration on the Liberation of Europe" instead of "Declaration on the Liberated Europe", do you guys think they will take off a lot of points for that? 

• Like 1

yes! I did the revolutionary movements as well! Except I couldn't think of a second conflict so I wrote on the remiliterization of Rhineland by Hitler as the revolutionary movement to trigger his outrageous fearlessness that led to the Second World War. 

I totally blanked on what Kennedy did otherwise I would've also written on that question ugh. But yeah I wrote on the Marshall Plan and hoped for the best :/

I think the graders will find it really cool that you used Hitler as an example of a revolutionary movement, because it's not something that most people would write about but as long as you had evidence it should count! I wrote about Castro's revolution leading to the Bay of Pigs and then about the Sandanistas and the Nicaraguan Civil War. But then I also said that the revolutionaries weren't the only cause, and the US's containment policy was important too in both instances, so I hope they don't mind that I made a Topic 1 question all about Cold War conflicts  ^_^

I was relying on a causes/effects of WWI or WWII question, but this year had to be the one where there wasn't one. I dd the question about the economic impact of war in the twentieth century (Topic 1 Question 6). I also did the question about the  statement about Truman and Kennedy (Topic 5 Question 27). The second one was much easier than the first, but that's because my classmates along with myself only focused on studying the world wars because of the amount of HK that's associated with them. The second question was very easy.

How was it for you guys? I am TZ2 and I chose propaganda topic and how did the WW2 influanced the society. It was better than I thought.

Good, I did an essay on the ideology in Spanish CW and the role of Truman and Stalin in the start of the cold war. Those are essays 5 and 27. I was actually hesitant as I wanted to do an essay on dictators at first haha. I am scared af for paper 3 on monday. What essays did you do?
I chose these two questions as well .

I did question 3 on revolutions as well... I focused on the Chinese and Spanish civil wars and how the fall of an authoritarian government catalysed the civil wars... I hope that one went well because I also did q.27 about kennedy and truman and I feel my knowledge was too general...

@ metsfanAJM - Yep, I did Marshall Plan #25 also. My other one was technology of World War I (#2).

Yeah!! Hive five! (I'm from TZ1 and have a history teacher who's #1 rule of only 5 is to put trust in him, so I feel pretty good actually about my essays).

Yeah, I'm in HL too @annanguyen228, so I have my test about a day from now! Fun! Hooray! So, yeah, if you're looking into taking HL next year @hermoinemalfoy, then you should consider looking into practicing more essays, because IB predicts you will take about 45 minutes (5 min planning, 40 min writing) your essay. You just get a little extra time in Paper 3, because your hand would be really cramped up.

@ metsfanAJM - Yep, I did Marshall Plan #25 also. My other one was technology of World War I (#2).

Yeah!! Hive five! (I'm from TZ1 and have a history teacher who's #1 rule of only 5 is to put trust in him, so I feel pretty good actually about my essays).

Yeah, I'm in HL too @annanguyen228, so I have my test about a day from now! Fun! Hooray! So, yeah, if you're looking into taking HL next year @hermoinemalfoy, then you should consider looking into practicing more essays, because IB predicts you will take about 45 minutes (5 min planning, 40 min writing) your essay. You just get a little extra time in Paper 3, because your hand would be really cramped up.

I'm TZ2 and Japan so Im taking it in about 7 hours!! (thank god I live like 2mins from the test site)

Anyway, good luck and I better get some sleep!

It's definitely always good to challenge the question! It actually will help you to get higher marks I believe - I do remember going over the Paper 2 rubric and something in the higher grade bands said that opposition to the question if necessary or something...so yeah as long as you did it effectively :lol:

I'm TZ1 and I did the questions about the extent to which popular support was important to two single-party states (#14?) and evaluating the importance of Nkrumah in liberating Ghana (#21?). I'm feeling pretty confident, but nervous that I maybe didn't think my answers all the way through (literally no time to do so), or didn't include enough super specific support to get that 7... We'll see what happens; right now I'm just a nervous wreck for paper 3...  :wacko:

I'm from TZ1 and I chose #13 which was about the importance of economic circumstances in the rise of two authoritarian leaders and #26 which was about the influence of Cold War tensions in two military conflicts from different regions. I chose Hitler and Castro for that one, and Suez Canal Crisis and the Vietnam War for the second one. Overall, I thought the selection was quite good, but I really wished they'd put a causes of WWI/WWII/Cold War question because I just love causes questions!