tips for paper 3?

freshfaced333

For topic 8: know the treaties signed by the Allies during that time. 

Also: know the details (why/how did they come to power) of the rise of Mussolini and Hitler 

Generally speaking: know names and date of important people and things but remember it's analysis not narrative. (answer the question, the whole question, and nothing but the question.)

Edited by IB_taking_over

I'm not HL History, BUT I did tons of Paper 3 practice in class.

Spend a little bit of your time brainstorming for each essay. Since you have 150 minutes, spend 30 brainstorming for each essay (approximately 10 min each). Topics included for brainstorming are factual information, thesis statements, topic sentences, etc. These are the basis for your essay and you'll definitely want those to be solid.

So then that leaves 120 minutes for your essays. 40 minutes each - focus on the information that aids your argument! Since Paper 3 is generally more specific than Paper 2 (from what I've heard), you'll be able to use more detailed facts and whatnot. Be sure to challenge the question if necessary - you'll receive higher marks if dont effectively. 

Also, be sure to evaluate each paragraph in your conclusion and write an evaluative conclusion. Which had more impact, or whatever your prompt is. Be sure to proofread your essays if you have time remaining - I always find I make tiny little errors in the middle of my paper while I'm scrawling away. :)

Good luck tomorrow all you History HL people! You'll rock those exams all the way back to Cardiff. :)