Sign in to follow this  

How to Improve English HL

I'm really struggling in my English HL course, and I only have the option of English HL. Being a sciences person, I was wondering if you guys had any tips for improving my English Literature skills, especially my essay writing skills.

I'm really struggling in my English HL course, and I only have the option of English HL. Being a sciences person, I was wondering if you guys had any tips for improving my English Literature skills, especially my essay writing skills.

Read books/articles/other essays or anything that interests you regularly, that would surely enhance your writing skills. Form an essay structure and always follow your thesis! :D Explain and give examples to support your points.. 

Good luck :)

• Like 1

keep writing essays and you'll see a big improvement. people in my class have gone from 3's to 6's by writing at least 3 essays a week. make sure you know your books and quotes for paper 2. read the books a couple of times and watch the movies too. make sure you do well in foa and written tasks because they're 50% of your overall grades. good luck, i'm sure you'll do very well in your English exams.

you also have to make sure your structure is good, if you would like, i have some good notes on how to structure paper 1s and 2s which i could send you.