Hey guys, I'll be starting the ib next September in the first ever ib school in Cameroon and I'd like to have friends who can help me know more about how to succeed in the program. Waiting for your replies. Thanks.

Edited by freddie1999

I can tell you what to do for physics and Maths HL, beginning with maths : you should make sure that you understand every concept and idea so that it is interesting for you, then practice makes perfect,Mary a lot, do not panic if you cannot solve a problem, and do not look immediately in the solutions, and master all the formulae. For physics Hl, get the syllabus breakdown, read it very well, practice at least every 2 days a physics problem , 2. ,3 ..., so that your brain is active and not lazy for physics,mod not let any problem that you don't understand how to solve or why was this the answer, specially if it was an mcq question, for mcq, after you correct, review all the questions and answers even those you got correct for 2 reasons, 1- maybe you got it correct by luck an dou do not really understand the real concept, 2- so that you review and you have a strong explanation, and take care, that maybe you will feel you understand something but can't solve on it, the reality is that you don't understand it. And do not worry, with seeing questions you will understand the tricks and master how to solve any question or at least gain some credit.

• Like 1

For economics sl, make sure you reread what you took in class in the same day and do not procrastinate,mans in the week end make notes for all what you took in the week, in May 2017 you will have notes of 21 chapters , but you wi ll feel that you made notes for only one chapter, if you're consistent and you divide your work into small chunks. For chemistry SL, practice a lot, understand the key concepts, review the laws, formulas, and definitions regularly.

• Like 1

Also, since first-year IB schools are often less than great because they're not sure what to do––keep an eye on the actual syllabi of your subjects, read markschemes and if you feel like something's wrong with your teachers, class content or how you're taught, double check. IB offers detailed subject guides, I really recommend browsing through them as you start school. Good luck!

• Like 2

If you're perfectly fluent in both and aren't terrible at literature, language A courses aren't that bad. Are they literature or language and literature? You're allowed to take either for a bilingual diploma, and language and literature is reputed to be a little easier since the focus isn't solely on literature and you also study language and its effect on media, people, etc. But as long as you can at least do that somewhat you should be fine.

Though, you shouldn't be allowed to be in French B anyways because it's a language acquisition course meant for non-fluent or non-native speakers and all you do is make it unfair for these people since you're fluent, but if your school allows it and you want a free 7 go ahead.

For Chem SL, be sure to frequently read over your notes and highlight the important things. Also, be aware of the outcomes in the IB syllabus. As for your first lab reports, try to find as many guides and samples as you can to help you, but be careful not to accidentally plagiarize. :)

. Thanks for the advice too. I know how important it is not to plagiarise but I have a tough time using the APA Style Sheet when citing sources especially on when to cite them