Misread question

Chloë

Hi, 

I just had my paper 3 but i think i misread a question i answered. I obviously can't tell the question yet but here is something similar: 

How did (name) do something between 2040-2050? 

In class we never did anything before 2050 so i assumed it would be what we had learned. 

Will this be a big problem and will I fail my paper 3 because of this? 

help please im desperate  :(

Do you mean 1940-1950? I would be quite concerned if your history class never studied anything before 1950. How well you do will depend on how well you attempted to answer the question. But there will be a mark cap if you didn't answer the question correctly, for example "if discussing periods other than 1940-1950, mark out of a max of 12". As long as you wrote a good essay, you won't fail if you didn't answer the question correctly. 

Do you mean 1940-1950? I would be quite concerned if your history class never studied anything before 1950. How well you do will depend on how well you attempted to answer the question. But there will be a mark cap if you didn't answer the question correctly, for example "if discussing periods other than 1940-1950, mark out of a max of 12". As long as you wrote a good essay, you won't fail if you didn't answer the question correctly. 

Well i just picked future dates in order to not get in trouble with IB hehe 😊 well my essay was good i think and my other 2 essays were fine as well so hopefully everything will be okay, thank you! 

If you discuss things outside the time period, do they actually penalise you?? I thought you could mention other years, I never got told this

If you discuss things outside the time period, do they actually penalise you?? I thought you could mention other years, I never got told this

They can not give you the diploma. before 24 hours have passed after the exam, you cannot and i repeat cannot talk about the exam

They can not give you the diploma. before 24 hours have passed after the exam, you cannot and i repeat cannot talk about the exam

He was talking about writing an essay that has a given scope in terms of years, not talking about the exam.

To answer Vladimir's question, you can certainly mention other years, but those years can't be the focus. Years before are good for context and years after are good for effects, but the years given in the scope needs to be the substantial, body part of the essay. 

• Like 1

He was talking about writing an essay that has a given scope in terms of years, not talking about the exam.

To answer Vladimir's question, you can certainly mention other years, but those years can't be the focus. Years before are good for context and years after are good for effects, but the years given in the scope needs to be the substantial, body part of the essay. 

Woops. Sorry  :sweat: