Sign in to follow this  

Personal Statement

Guest Prenzios

I have been looking at the Pre-IB application formula, and it tells me to write a personal statement.

Have you guys done this for the Pre-IB too? I personally seem to find it really hard

nope we just had to fill out this peach pink reflection sheet on how we're going to manage the workload. Going into IB2, we filled out a similar reflection sheet but with our EE subject and supervisor as well as CAS activities. 

No, we had to write an exam, get references and and essay to get into pre-IB. I think I'd prefer your application though :P

I think it's school-dependent, I was simply enrolled after being asked what subjects I wanted to study. :D

Though I had been at the school for a long time, so I don't think they needed much proof of my abilities. 

Quite a task to ask of students applying to Pre-IB though, writing personal statements for Universities in year 2 of IB was bad enough.  <_<

Edited by OMGIBISFUN

Guest Prenzios

well we gotta get references too... though it does not seem like a lot of work from the student's part

We had to write a personal statement too, but we only had to write a few lines about why wanted to take the IB and what we wanted to do afterwards. At our school they only wanted to check if we were motivated enough. Maybe you should ask the school you are applying for about how long it should be and what it should include?