Sign in to follow this  

History IA: Sources

Hello,

For the history IA, we have to use a minimum of 8 sources; however, I don't really know how to incorporate 8 different sources into 2000 words. How many times should I cite sources that aren't considered my main ones? So far, I've cited my other 7 sources once or twice in the Summary of Evidence but I've found no place for them in my analysis. Would this be hurtful to the overall strength of the IA? 

I would try to keep the frequency of your sources' usage about equal. +/- 2 quotes max.

You need to analyse each source about equally and effectively in order to score full marks.

No, I think he's trying to say that you use all your sources, but the ones in Section C are your primary sources. They are the main weightage points if that makes sense.

Section C you generally use your two strongest sources for - so, primary sources would be your best bet.

You'll want to quote your other sources in your Analysis as well, but I can understand referring to the strong ones more. I believe I did that with mine (I did my IA on the impacts of the Space Race on US-USSR relations or something like that). But yeah you'll want to reference all of your sources in Section D.

Oh yay Cold War!

Your first draft doesn't have to be perfect - I  tried to work as hard as I could for my first draft so that I wouldn't have to stress about a lot of work for the final. Ultimately, it is up to you. Best of luck!