What should I read?

Rosalina

On 6/8/2015 at 8:54 AM, Rosalina said:

Yay! More suggestions! :D

Opinions with Gone with the Wind? My teachers fangirl over it but my friends says it is dreadful!

Skip it. No need to read a racist book with a completely whitewashed history and no literary value. 

Hell, if you're going to read something racist, at least have it be good. 

@Rosalina I'd recommend Elena Ferrante's My Brilliant Friend for you. I have an inkling that you'd really like it.

It's pretty short, but it is the first book of a series so if you like it you can carry on. Not at all romantic, but rather gritty, realist, and urgent; it has a really interesting historical setting. Ferrante has been acclaimed as one of the most important writers in recent years. 

hello everyone,

I have 3 options for everyone who would like to try out

1) I would highly recommend Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut; fun, educational and philosophical if you like to think about what you've read instead of just passing the pages,

2) Siddhartha from Herman Hesse is really a good novel; again both philosophical and educational,

3) Lastly I will jump onto something rather different than novels and it would be comics. I would recommend everyone to give a chance to them as they're not a kids book but rather something everyone can find what they will like and read. If you like serious and more deep meaning you can go for writers like Grant Morrison or Frank Miller and believe me if you find what suits you, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, penguins said:

1) I would highly recommend Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut; fun, educational and philosophical if you like to think about what you've read instead of just passing the pages,

Nope. **** Cat's Cradle.*

*This was not the most insightful nor well thought out literary analysis I've ever given, but I stand by it.