English A for non-native english speakers?

Hello! So I was just wondering how it is for everyone here doing english as a language A when you're not english? I'm swedish and i've only gone to school in english for a bit over a year. My english is definitely "good enough" but I dont have a huge vocabulary, not very good with "big" words. My school offers Language A english, german, and french and I can't take german or french as I am a beginnner in those languages. The thing is I would also love to get a 6 in english (right now im at a 5-ish). Is it impossible for a non-native english speaker to achieve a 6 (or very hard)? and does anyone have any tips on how i could improve my englsih? Thaaaank yoouu!

I'm portuguese, and I take English A language & Literature. I'd say go for it, judging from this your english looks pretty good to me. It's definetly possible to get a 6, or even a 7 being a non-native speaker. Read books, improve your vocab. Even with a stammer you can get 7s. Just depends how hard you work to improve your commentary structures and your assignments. Go for it, best of lucks. If you need anything feel free to P.M me 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Can you suggest me a books please that would help me with paper 1 because I'm in need for many books I'm also non native English language, tho I had to choose either polish lit or English Lang and lit ,