Bio HL vs Chem SL

Hi, I wanted to get everyones opinion on if I should switch from Bio HL to Chem SL.

1. I'm already taking Geo, History, English at HL

2. My math and memorizational skills are poor

3. I struggled with balancing equations and whatnot in 10th grade so I choose Bio, however I want to know if the addition of another HL workload will hurt me more than brushing up my chemistry skills.

Thanks in advance! :)

If you're bad at balancing chemical equations, IB chem will be super hard once you get to the stoich unit. A lot of units rely on using stoich as well (such as gases, acids and bases, solutions...). Bio is more of a humanities-oriented science and it's not just memorization. If you're good at understanding concepts and linking them together then you are fine. In the end, it's up to you, but if I were you, I'd keep bio at HL. Also, imo, chem SL is one of the hardest IB subjects :P

Edited by ShootingStar16

If you're not good at balancing equations then many units of SL chem will be really difficult for you. I know I have a lot of friends struggling with stoichiometry because of that and much rather prefer their HL bio course. But HL bio might be difficult as well because my memorization skills realyl aren't that great and I'm finding all the memorizing difficult in SL bio. 

But with bio once you understand the concepts, they are fairly easy to memorize and apply to everything, and even if bio is HL it isn't that big of a workload so I think you should just stick with HL bio.