Primary research for bsuiness IA and EE

Hey guys. I was wondering whether primary research is required for a business IA and EE. I'm in business SL, if that makes any difference. I'm asking because people are not willing to share details about their business with me. Also, even if its not required, will it bring my grade down? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.

For EE, I already answered the question in the previous thread. I suggest you to read the Business Management Guide 2016. You can download it in the internet, try to google it. But I'll help you out with your question on your SL IA. I know a bit about SL commentary IA but here's from the Business Management Guide 2016. I think this may actually answer your question on IA.

Requirements

SL students are required to:

•  select a real business issue or problem for their written commentary that must relate to the SL syllabus.
  •  refer directly to a single business organization, but may consider industry-wide issues that impact on that organization.
  •  base their written commentary on secondary research, selected for its suitability, depth and breadth. Primary research may be used as support.
  •  provide a title for the commentary that, to give focus and direction, must be framed as a question.
  •  produce a written commentary that does not exceed 1,500 words.
  •  attach to the commentary three to five supporting documents from which the majority of the information for the commentary has been obtained.
  •  fully reference all supporting documents and additional sources and include them in a bibliography. 

Okay. So yes, I purposely bold it. It is different from HL where we have to make a written report based on primary research. This is way easier from HL, obviously. Oh, you can look at IA and EE sample from the internet. There are not much but at least they are handy.

I hope this may answer all your question ^^

• Like 2

Hello again.

For EE, I already answered the question in the previous thread. I suggest you to read the Business Management Guide 2016. You can download it in the internet, try to google it. But I'll help you out with your question on your SL IA. I know a bit about SL commentary IA but here's from the Business Management Guide 2016. I think this may actually answer your question on IA.

Requirements

SL students are required to:

•  select a real business issue or problem for their written commentary that must relate to the SL syllabus.
  •  refer directly to a single business organization, but may consider industry-wide issues that impact on that organization.
  •  base their written commentary on secondary research, selected for its suitability, depth and breadth. Primary research may be used as support.
  •  provide a title for the commentary that, to give focus and direction, must be framed as a question.
  •  produce a written commentary that does not exceed 1,500 words.
  •  attach to the commentary three to five supporting documents from which the majority of the information for the commentary has been obtained.
  •  fully reference all supporting documents and additional sources and include them in a bibliography. 

Okay. So yes, I purposely bold it. It is different from HL where we have to make a written report based on primary research. This is way easier from HL, obviously. Oh, you can look at IA and EE sample from the internet. There are not much but at least they are handy.

I hope this may answer all your question ^^

Alright thanks so much, I owe you one.

• Like 1