May 2015 Grade Boundaries?

ultimateone

Hey guys,

Congratulations to all the May 2015 peeps who got the results they wanted! :)

I was waiting for a post to be made about the grade boundaries this year, but since nothing has appeared, I figured I'd start one.

I am not in contact with my school's coordinator so I do not have access to the grade boundaries for this year. Does anyone have them? Or if not, is anyone able to reach out to their coordinator for them?

Thanks  :ninja:

• Like 2

As a May 2015 candidate, even we haven't received all the grade boundaries, only the upper and lower boundaries of our overall grade for each subject. 

If there's any new news I'll try to post an update. From what I've seen so far, I actually feel that the boundaries have been reduced significantly! Especially for language B subjects and a couple sciences. In English A Lang/Lit, the boundary for a 5 is 55%-66% so I feel that this has been reduced too! 

Thats pretty much all the information I can give you so far! Good luck for your final year of IB and high school!! :)

So I don't have the boundaries of all subjects but here is what I know from my report

English Lang & Lit SL TZ2

82-100 is a 7

French B SL TZ2

85-100 is a 7

Economics SL TZ2

73-100 is a 7

Physics HL TZ2

73-100 is a 7

Chemistry HL TZ2

78-100 is a 7

Math HL (with Calculus option) TZ2

75-100 is a 7

EE

29-36 is an A

TOK

17-22 is a B

22-30 is an A

• Like 2

TOK

17-22 is a B

22-30 is an A

isn't TOK out of 20 now? 10 for essay and 10 for presentation?

Theoretically, yeah. But I think it's to do with the fact that the essay is worth 2/3 of the marks and the presentation is worth 1/3 of the marks, so they multiply the essay marks by two and make the whole thing out of 30.

• Like 1

Almost all my classes were in spanish, but I do have the Physics SL boundaries (sort of):

46-57 = 5

57-68 (ish) = 6

68 (ish)+ = 7

33 (ish) - 46 = 4

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, kimiaB said:

Hello, I just joined here and I have a really important questions; does anyone know what are the mark bands for Physics SL, May 2016, this year?

Please say something if anyone know?

Firstly, please don't revive old threads.

Next, the boundaries are set AFTER the exams. So you'll have to wait.

Cheers,
King112