• 2 weeks later...

So, in your IA you have to use analytical tools to examine the situation your business is in. They are useful in providing the insight into the business and then driving the future business planning. The examples are SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats), PESTLE or PEST analysis (political, economical, social, technological factors), MOST analysis (mission, objectives, strategies, tactics) and many more.

• Like 1

So, in your IA you have to use analytical tools to examine the situation your business is in. They are useful in providing the insight into the business and then driving the future business planning. The examples are SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats), PESTLE or PEST analysis (political, economical, social, technological factors), MOST analysis (mission, objectives, strategies, tactics) and many more.

thank you so much :) :) can you give me some points i have to keep in my mind while writing my IA ?? 

thank you so much :) :) can you give me some points i have to keep in my mind while writing my IA ?? 

Hmmmm... I think, it is important to keep in mind that you should not overburden your IA with a lot of analytical tools. Better to use 3 or 4. Also, you should really concentrate on your analysis and discussion part in which the arguments towards a particular decision should be chosen really carefully. And look at all possibilities, what are their advantages and disadvantages... what are short-term, what are long-term effects?

Here more or less of a general advice:

• You may need to convince the business of the confidentiality of your research.
  • Your decision has to be current. In other words, you cannot take a decision that has already been made by the company.
  • Your decision has to be answered by you – not by the company you are writing about. 
  •  Your decision must not be descriptive. Avoid questions beginning with ‘how’ instead aim for ‘should’?

As for useful links... Check this one for the structure of your IA: http://www.riverwoodinternationalcharterschool.org/schoolsite-legacy/images/stories/Summer2012CareerTech.pdf

Or this one for detailed explanation of what you have to do: http://business-tes.wikispaces.com/file/view/IA+Guide+for+HL+students.pdf

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Hmmmm... I think, it is important to keep in mind that you should not overburden your IA with a lot of analytical tools. Better to use 3 or 4. Also, you should really concentrate on your analysis and discussion part in which the arguments towards a particular decision should be chosen really carefully. And look at all possibilities, what are their advantages and disadvantages... what are short-term, what are long-term effects?

• You may need to convince the business of the confidentiality of your research.
  • Your decision has to be current. In other words, you cannot take a decision that has already been made by the company.
  • Your decision has to be answered by you – not by the company you are writing about. 
  •  Your decision must not be descriptive. Avoid questions beginning with ‘how’ instead aim for ‘should’?

As for useful links... Check this one for the structure of your IA: http://www.riverwoodinternationalcharterschool.org/schoolsite-legacy/images/stories/Summer2012CareerTech.pdf

Or this one for detailed explanation of what you have to do: http://business-tes.wikispaces.com/file/view/IA+Guide+for+HL+students.pdf

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, :D :D You helped me a lot :D

Edited by Tina1998