Is a website appropriate enough for a CS IA?

ac1998

I am planning on making a website for an upcoming MUN in school, is it appropriate to do it as a CS IA? I ask this since my teacher felt it isn't 'complex' enough and the code can be generated using dreaweaver or something. I intend to use Bootstrap, Jquery and google app engine/

you will automatically lose marks for the complexity of the project which accounts for critera's C (12 pts) & D (4 pts)

which is a total of 16 points, and you'll lose at least 8 

but you can still manage a 6 if you have an outstanding write up and excel in all the other criterions

edit: 

• The student must identify techniques used in developing the product.
  • The student must explain the techniques, with screenshots, that were used to develop the product identified in criterion A, explaining why they have been used and why they are adequate for the task.

ok i was wrong you will lose more than 6 marks in criterion c as you dont really use any techniques other than to increase usability of a website, since it's basically just visual appearance

so yeah it would be wise to change it

think about it, if you chose a relatively complex project and cant meet your goal, you can always talk about it in your evaluation which will gain you marks for reflection

its all a game to get points

Edited by kfernando1

bro read the ia criteria on the ibo site

its pretty self explanatory tbh

if you believe you can make it complex then yeah sure go ahead, its your ia in the end

this is just me giving helpful advice since im currently doing my cs ia as well

ac1998 stop bull****ting your teacher, discussing anything here is no way violating any of the IB plagiarism guidelines.

The guy pretending to be my teacher is apparently a friend who has been trying to prank me. Thank you for making it abundantly clear to us that we won't violate any guidelines.

Cheers.

ac1998 stop bull****ting your teacher, discussing anything here is no way violating any of the IB plagiarism guidelines.

The guy pretending to be my teacher is apparently a friend who has been trying to prank me. Thank you for making it abundantly clear to us that we won't violate any guidelines.

Cheers.

Are you sure you guys are doing the IB Diploma? what kind of childish pranks are these.. Also impersonating a teacher can get you into a hell lot of trouble if he finds out. Focus on your grades theres no time for fun and games.

Cheers.

Are you sure you guys are doing the IB Diploma? what kind of childish pranks are these.. Also impersonating a teacher can get you into a hell lot of trouble if he finds out. Focus on your grades theres no time for fun and games.

I didn't know till recently that it was this 'friend' and I quite literally believed it to be my teacher. I am sure I 'adequately' informed him of the consequences of his impersonating. While you are it, do offer suggestions on the main topic of the thread. Thanks.

LOL i think its complex because you are using google app engine. And another thing is that normally computer IA's are tough. If you are good enough in coding, go head. But keep in mind that its not a piece of cake. And at any point u can get stuck and won't know what to do cause coding is complex ****. So take proper guideline from your teacher. And yeah you can do it.

ALL THE BEST BRO..!

I am planning on making a website for an upcoming MUN in school, is it appropriate to do it as a CS IA? I ask this since my teacher felt it isn't 'complex' enough and the code can be generated using dreaweaver or something. I intend to use Bootstrap, Jquery and google app engine/

A guy that graduated in 2014 did a website that acted as an application for the IB. He got full marks.

As long as you use somewhat complex code and document it well, it is very possible.