Korean War History IA

koreANgel

I was just wondering if this History IA topic was too broad or narrow enough.

[i]To what extent was the Korean War armistice agreement a result of the role of women?[/i]

If it's too broad, I'll probably focus on either South Korean women or North Korean women

Comments? ^^

Edited by koreANgel

Role of the Korean women in what? Society today? Their role in the Korean War? Their role in business today?

I think you need to clarify your intention a bit more in that respect, and your suggestion to focus either on North Korea or South Korea is a good one. If there are obvious cultural difference between North and South (for example, due to the dictatorship of Kim Jong Il) then it wouldn't fir together.

You could also rephrase your question to something like "What was the difference in roles played by North Korean women compared to South Korean women in the Korean War?" or "Did the role that women played in the Korean War significantly effect the final outcome of the war?"

In that case, you should use both South Korean and North Korean women because you are talking about the outcome of the entire war, and to analyze only one side would account for only 1/2 the war.

I think that your question is a good one, I myself am doing a question that involves analysis of "To what extent...." and they are good questions to do because there are always various factors that oppose the other. So you have a balanced perspective, as well as being able to decide what conclusion you want to come to. Sometimes there is only one possible conclusion because half of the evidence is invalid/there's just not enough evidence for the other side, and these kinds of Historical Investigations tend to do poorly because there's nothing to analyze.

• 11 years later...