Most Intellectual Video Game?

IB Memes

Hello all!

As the Topic Title says, I was wondering...

Which Video Game is the most Intellectual?

Is there a game which could "help" in studies? Or just a game that could improve our studies in some way? Or are all games just there for leisure/recreational purposes?

NOTE: It could be on any console

Looking forward to some of your opinions.  ^_^

OF COURSE.

Learn the ABC's for one. Or learn 1 2 3s.

Though on a serious note, some games contain an element of genuine fact, for example, Pharaoh, or Age of Empires. 
Also, games such as Call of Duty, Risk, Battlefield, Need for speed etc, help build reflexes, focus etc. 

So if that's what you mean......

Though the flip side is of course addiction.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

King112

Educational is probably a stretch for the vast majority of video games, at least in terms of learning facts. The only thing that comes to mind are trivia games, where you might learn facts based on ones you got wrong.

But, I do believe lots of games teach skills and that you can improve many things, like logic, reason, resource management, and planning. For a very quick, basic game, I like Minesweeper (not Minecraft) a lot. I used to do that a lot before my math homework to get me in the logic mood.

For longer games, you can learn about resource management in all kinds of things, like the Civilization games series or real time strategy games like Starcraft.

I would say some of the Paradox Interactive games, like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron 3. They strive for realism and can actually be pretty helpful for providing an interactive way for you to get more involved and knowledgeable with history. However, there's a steep learning curve for some of the games, so it might be hard to get into it at first.

I would say some of the Paradox Interactive games, like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron 3. They strive for realism and can actually be pretty helpful for providing an interactive way for you to get more involved and knowledgeable with history. However, there's a steep learning curve for some of the games, so it might be hard to get into it at first.

For "Most Intellectual" video game I would have to say Tetris or Mario Learns Typing.

Also, Starcraft is dead as it no longer has an active community.

:blink:  :coolg:  :headset:  :bicycle:  :mod:

Peace fofo.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a game called fold it, which is a puzzle game that involves the player solving puzzles by folding proteins in different ways. If you are a biology student you might get some useful information and the puzzles of the game have been used in high level research, so while playing you are contributing to the future of humanity.

However having fun might not have been the primary goal of the developers when creating the game...

If you like puzzle games it might be worth giving a shot.