Admission in top engineering colleges in the US

Y-Heritan

I wish to pursue Comp engineering or mechanical engineering from one of the top engineering colleges in the US, like Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, and the like. If I have Phy and Chem HL but Math SL, does that totally ruin my chance of getting into any of these colleges? If yes, will it be better to take up Math HL and Chem SL instead and work harder with Math (which though I like but not as much as Chem)?

My proife: I am IB School President (Grade 11), active Drums player, running and supporting animal care NGO since 2010.

Your expert views will be of great help for me as by tonight I have to decide on the subjects and tell the school about the same.

Regards to all.

Yatharth

umm bro, i think this is like the third time you made a thread like this, even-though it is redundant, im pretty sure the answer will be the same

go check the prerequisite requirements for the school you are going to apply to

but from personal experience, you would be better off taking physics and math at hl, as most us unis dont even require chem for mechanical engineering

also one more thing, how are you an ib school president if you arent even in ib yet?

Edited by kevG
  • Like 1

Kev, Thanks again for your prompt reply. yes your astute observation is indeed admirable. As for my being IB President, I am already a part of IB and was declared President yesterday only after fair election procedure in my school. Today however is the deadline to finalise the subject combination. Hence this question. Hope you understand my desperation!!! :)

I got my answer!! Thank you very much for your support bro