Any movies you've seen recently?

Abu

I'm not sure if it even needs a movie or any kind of shows or something.

I sort of agree - I don't think HP needs anything mor ethan the books themselves.

Except maybe more eloquent language.... don't you guys react to that? the language in the HP books is complete rubbish, the only function it serves is like a transport between the events. true, an exciting children's story does not need complex imagery, but would some literary value be too much to ask for??

Actually Afterglow's avatar is from Becoming Jane. Not really a P&P version. :P

Is that movie any good though, Afterglow? (I'm assuming you've watched it). I haven't heard great reviews about it so I haven't watched it.

ahh it looked familiar since she's the author...do watch becoming jane... i heard it was really good..i'm planning to watch it too :D

I'm a HUGE movie buff and on a usual day I would have answered this question with a list of at least 4 or 5 films, but lately coursework and revision have been taking up the majority of my time and I haven't been able to watch a movie for a long time. Fortunately practically all of my internal assessments are over now - except for the french oral - so maybe I'll rent something when i get the chance.

Oh and on Order of The Phoenix, watched it sometime back and was disappointed as well, but I've kind of taken that for granted now - none of the HP fans would be satisfied unless each movie were at least 4 hours long. This one was quite maturely handled but the lack of any excitement, not to mention the cutting off of so many parts did irk me. It was still rather entertaining though, and not at all as bad as Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Oh I LOVED Becoming Jane :P Then again, I am a sucker for Jane Austen related films (and books...). It's not the best but it was good and bittersweet. Had me almost to tears :lol: The scene in the pic is one of my favourite scenes :P Some scenes are very similar to the Pride and Prejudice 2005 though. And Hathaway does not make the best Jane Austen either...

Edited by Afterglow

Oh I LOVED Becoming Jane :P Then again, I am a sucker for Jane Austen related films (and books...). It's not the best but it was good and bittersweet. Had me almost to tears :lol: The scene in the pic is one of my favourite scenes :P Some scenes are very similar to the Pride and Prejudice 2005 though. And Hathaway does not make the best Jane Austen either...

Did you actually liked the pride and prejudice (was it 2006..it's the newest version of it)? After I read the novel, I immediately went to watch all the versions of Pride and Prejudice, but my most favorite version was the 1995 one. The versions w/o the elegance and the cultural setting of England doesn't seem appealing to me, like it has taken a huge chunk out of the novel, losing the themes of social class struggles, etc. I just think some of the newer versions lack authenticity. One of the older ones such as the 1960 something one seemed to portray that better (but I thought it was too short :lol: )

I did like one song from the 2006 versions of P&P..2 of the soundtracks contained the same melody..they were called lizzy on top of the world and your hands are cold.

Yes I love the 1995 version (I actually ordered the DVD from Amazon so I could watch it - and I don't buy from Amazon. Ever).

I didn't like the 2005 with Keira that much. It tried to modernise and kind of lost the feeling, I think. But yes, you're right, the soundtrack is incredible. I have the whole soundtrack on my computer. I love the songs they danced to.

About Becoming Jane, my first impressions on it were:

- The poster looks so much like P&P2005 poster

- Anne Hathaway is AMERICAN!!

I'll get around to seeing it one of these days. :P

Guest Sirop de Violette

Yesterday I saw The Prestige , for the second time. It is total awesomness. Late 19th century, magicians, darkness, mystery, a plot with so many twists that it makes you dizzy. ( and David Bowie as the eccentric scientist Tesla)

:P!