Any movies you've seen recently?

Abu

I'm kinda torn because P&P is one of my favourite books but I am also a sucker for romantic comedy. I own both the 2005 and the 1995 version and love them both equally because they are so different. The 1995 is more faithful to the book but then again it is 5 hours long whereas the 2005 has been modernized a bit and changed a lot to become more of a romantic comedy but the main points are there and I found it as usual utterly sweet. :P I'm telling you, I am hopeless to romance.

Edited by Afterglow

Yes I love the 1995 version (I actually ordered the DVD from Amazon so I could watch it - and I don't buy from Amazon. Ever).

I didn't like the 2005 with Keira that much. It tried to modernise and kind of lost the feeling, I think. But yes, you're right, the soundtrack is incredible. I have the whole soundtrack on my computer. I love the songs they danced to.

About Becoming Jane, my first impressions on it were:

- The poster looks so much like P&P2005 poster

- Anne Hathaway is AMERICAN!!

I'll get around to seeing it one of these days. :P

The day when I read the post about becoming jane was the day I saw it in our school's newsletter, funny thing eh?..the reviews for it was 5 star, even though it's not really a reliable reference...but..dunno about american actors, I still think it should have the British air to it :P ..I need to get my hands on it one day...wished I had some time...hehe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest julz_90
Haha don't worry, so am I. :P You should see the novel I'm writing. It's one complicated marriage. :P

first, I learnd that you wrote your EE on harry potter and narnia, now I just saw that you write novels... my admiration increases... I mean, you share my passions!!!! :P

• 1 month later...

We're studying P+P in class right now. I've watched both the BBC miniseries and the new version with Keira as well. I definitely liked the old one better....I really didn't like the casting in the new one. Keira was alright, but Mr. Darcy just acted shy instead of proud and Jane's character was not as developed in the movie as it is in the book. Lydia and Wickam were pretty good though :worship:

I'm kinda torn because P&P is one of my favourite books but I am also a sucker for romantic comedy. I own both the 2005 and the 1995 version and love them both equally because they are so different. The 1995 is more faithful to the book but then again it is 5 hours long whereas the 2005 has been modernized a bit and changed a lot to become more of a romantic comedy but the main points are there and I found it as usual utterly sweet. ;) I'm telling you, I am hopeless to romance.

You should watch the new Jane Eyre (BBC miniseries). I think they made it last year...it's REALLY good and sticks to the book. It's by far my favorite version :worship:

We're studying P+P in class right now. I've watched both the BBC miniseries and the new version with Keira as well. I definitely liked the old one better....I really didn't like the casting in the new one. Keira was alright, but Mr. Darcy just acted shy instead of proud and Jane's character was not as developed in the movie as it is in the book. Lydia and Wickam were pretty good though :P

Rosamund Pike was prettier as Jane in the 2005 version but yes, I agree, I prefer the 95 miniseries. I agree with what you said about Matthew Macfadyen's Mr Darcy. Lydia annoyed me more in the miniseries which probably means her character was portrayed better there. :P

Speaking of P&P though, I thought this was funny.

I nearly spat my drink out all over the computer when "Mr Collins" started speaking. :worship:

I've been watching bits and pieces of My Boy Jack with Dan Radcliffe on youtube. He looks like Hitler in there. ;) Though the bits I've seen are pretty good.

I have only seen the new P&P but I really liked it. I was particularly enamored with the sister of the friend of Mr. Darcy. Obviously you can tell I have never read the book. I have rented the BBC one from the video shop and I will watch it when I get I a spare 5 hour which will probably be Saturday.

Anyway today I watched American Beauty on video which won 5 Academy awards some years ago, I agree with the academy awards it was f*ing amazing *pun intended*. I loved the total despiration of all the characters.

I also watched Run Lola Run yesterday, which was good. But I think it tried to be deep but didn't really get there in the end.

Edited by Bandev

I was particularly enamored with the sister of the friend of Mr. Darcy.

:worship: I love Caroline. She is a really interesting character. Though I doubt Mr Darcy would agree with me. ;)

The 1995 version sticks a lot closer to the book. I think the problem with Matthew Macfadyen's portrayal of Darcy is that he looks "miserable" rather than proud. So I wasn't really convinced...and I watched that version first so I wasn't prejudiced by the 1995 or anything. :P

Guest Mr Canada
Rosamund Pike was prettier as Jane in the 2005 version but yes, I agree, I prefer the 95 miniseries. I agree with what you said about Matthew Macfadyen's Mr Darcy. Lydia annoyed me more in the miniseries which probably means her character was portrayed better there. :P

Speaking of P&P though, I thought this was funny.

I nearly spat my drink out all over the computer when "Mr Collins" started speaking. :worship:

I've been watching bits and pieces of My Boy Jack with Dan Radcliffe on youtube. He looks like Hitler in there. ;) Though the bits I've seen are pretty good.

Nice :P

Seen the two Jeff Dunham movies : "Arguing with Myself" and "Sparks of Insanity"

That's about it. Not a lot of time to spend on watching movies.

• 1 month later...
Guest whatever

i saw the movie Accepted .

it's cute and funny! and so unrealistic but it was fun to watch

And also ..just to add ! i hate "the ring" I'm scared of it i couldn't sleep properly for lots of days .

Guest iber2468

Ohhh I saw that HP/PP trailer, as every HP-fanatic should *nods*

I just saw the Golden Compass, rewatched LOTR 1 and Sound of Music, and saw some crappy movie called Chasing Christmas and Christmas with the Cranks on the 25th.