Is my topic good?

Sree98

Hello all,

I am a current senior and my Math teach has asked us to try to draft our IAs during the summer.

My current topic is "How does the tuition fee of top schools compare to the starting salary the graduating class earn after graduating from there."

I think mine might be a little vague or idk i feel like something is wrong.Could you guys maybe help me a bit?

Thanks A lot!!

First off, do you have a source of personal engagement for your topic?

And second: do you know what mathematical concept(s) you're linking it to? I agree with King112 that there doesn't seem to be much math behind this because you can simply look up the tuition fees and then compare, so yeah that's not mathematical at all unless if you're planning on doing something with standard deviation, normal distribution etc. 

I do have some faith on this topic. You can bring stuff like functions and statistics (variance, standard deviation). Definitely you should make some detailed plan. I think it's too early o throw away the idea completely.

First off, do you have a source of personal engagement for your topic?

Collecting data and making own conclusions is personal engagement. P.E. does not have to be BS stuff like " i really am interested in tuition". If you can do a good enough job, the personal engagement should come naturally.

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 1