ckent33

I read a lot and mostly classic literature, but I've never heard of that book before so I'd say that it's not too classic and used. And anyway, even if it were a classic, that wouldn't stop you from using it. If you think that you have something original and new to say about the book then it's fine, even if you were writing about the most used book for lit EEs. 

• Like 1

It's a really lovely book that is very rich in themes and ideas, I would imagine. I've not read the book, but I have seen the movie version, which was excellent and the screenplay for which was written by the book's author.

I think in 5 years of commenting on this website, I've only seen this book mentioned once before, a few years ago. So I think you have little to worry about if you're concerned about it being overdone or overused.

It will all come down to your research question and how you frame your discussion in your EE. But this book itself is a good place to start.

• Like 1