University in Sweden

rosie123

I would like to go to Karolinska Institutet in Sweden but their deadline for application is 5th of July (which is also the approximate date I should receive my IB grades). I asked them if conditional admission is possible but they replied that only final grades are valid (not even mock counts). Does anyone know how to solve this problem or do you know anyone who went to Karolinska and how did they do it? I am really confused and worried that I will not get my grades in time for application.

• Like 1

I would like to go to Karolinska Institutet in Sweden but their deadline for application is 5th of July (which is also the approximate date I should receive my IB grades). I asked them if conditional admission is possible but they replied that only final grades are valid (not even mock counts). Does anyone know how to solve this problem or do you know anyone who went to Karolinska and how did they do it? I am really confused and worried that I will not get my grades in time for application.

Karolinska & Swedish universities, in general, don't accept any other grades other than the final grades, so it's impossible to get conditional offers. If you are still in the last year of IB when applying to Swedish universities, then the application deadline would be around April (though you can start preparing your application already from March). And in that application, you have to include your grades from secondary school as well as your report from 10th grade.

Regarding the IB grades, what you do is to give the IB permission to automatically send your final IB results to the universities once they're out. This must be done through your IB-coordinator (before the 17th of April). In other words, once your results are released (usually on the 5th July), the universities will be able to access them electronically and thus will be able to finalize your application on time. Talk to your coordinator to make sure. You can also get more detail here: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-you-need-to-know1/Applying-for-studies/Documenting-your-eligibility-for-studies/Instructions-for-Bachelors-applicants/IB-and-EB-applicants/Additional-documentation-instructions-for-IBEB/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...