ECON HL or SL

hey,

There is a vast different between Econs HL and SL but taking HL in Economics is not so hard, only if you have a proper teacher to guide you. And the only unit in Economics which you can self study and understand properly is "DEVELOPMENT". MICRO and MACRO have to be thought by some teacher or else its gonna be a tough job for you. So my suggestion is to take SL (what i think :D ) but still you will need teacher's assistance. 

Good luck-

HARI

The difference between SL and HL econ is mainly just an extra micro topic (Theory of the Firm), and some mathematics for the Quantitative Paper 3, which honestly is pretty simple. For self-studying watching online tutorials is the way to go, and tbh most of the Econ course is pretty straight forward so I think you should be fine if you put in the effort. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I also suggest that you take HL if you're not afraid of some extra topics and a little math. Basically, if you are familiar with adding up, subtracting, multiplying and dividing numbers using a calculator (!) - this is grade 3-4, I believe - and with linear functions (grade 7), then this should not be a problem.

In addition, you get to know some very interesting parts, which SL students don't get to learn.

Good luck with it.

EconDaddy

IB Economics examiner, teacher & tutor

www.econdaddy.com

• 3 months later...