Sign in to follow this  

Can I get into the University of Toronto for with Math Studies?

The university of Toronto website says that I can't get in if I do Math studies, even though I want to apply to do a bachelor in Arts. Is there any way they might overlook it, particularly because I have no interest in a math related major and my actual predicted score is decent.

My predicted scores are:

English A HL: 6

History HL: 6

Economics HL: 7

French B SL: 5

Physics SL: 6

Math SL Studies: 7

EE: B

ToK: A

Total: 39

If they say it on their website then I guess it is pretty clear what they mean by it... But email them just to make sure

Also I think you added wrong, You have 37 points, plus 3 from the bonus points which sums up to 40/45

If they say it on their website then I guess it is pretty clear what they mean by it... But email them just to make sure

Also I think you added wrong, You have 37 points, plus 3 from the bonus points which sums up to 40/45

I have sent an email and thanks for correcting my mistake. I was just wondering if Toronto let you off based on desired majors. I've also heard of other universities just making you do certain extra courses to make up for it and was wondering if U of T was lenient on that subject, if anyone knows from experience or from other applicants who did studies.

You should probably attempt to do SL Math. Also work on your EE too in case ToK for some reason does not get the A you wanted.

You should probably attempt to do SL Math. Also work on your EE too in case ToK for some reason does not get the A you wanted.

I'm definitely gonna try to get an A in my EE, however it's too late to change to Math SL. I'm doing my exams in 2016.