COMPUTER SCIENCE URGENT HELP

Vicente IB2017

Hi guys, I'm starting my first year on IB and I've decide to study Computer Science SL in spite of not having a teacher who is IB prepared so I'm going to be on my own :'(. Here is the only place where I can ask my doubts:

1. Where can I find the updated syllabus/guide for the upcoming 2 years?

2. I've been reading forums and older guides and I don't know whether or not the case study is only for HL, if it isn't, is it the same for both?

3. Which are the recommended books (from IB or personnal experience) for SL 2015,2016.

Thanks in advance for your support and collaboration. :D

PS: Sry if any of my questions is answered on any other thread here, I must have overlooked it :8.

Hi guys, I'm starting my first year on IB and I've decide to study Computer Science SL in spite of not having a teacher who is IB prepared so I'm going to be on my own :'(. Here is the only place where I can ask my doubts:

1. Where can I find the updated syllabus/guide for the upcoming 2 years?

2. I've been reading forums and older guides and I don't know whether or not the case study is only for HL, if it isn't, is it the same for both?

3. Which are the recommended books (from IB or personnal experience) for SL 2015,2016.

Thanks in advance for your support and collaboration. :D

PS: Sry if any of my questions is answered on any other thread here, I must have overlooked it :8.

Hello! It sounds like this is going to be a bit difficult for you but don't worry Computer Science is great (and useful!)  :)  So about the questions:

1. Here is the guide http://www.ncbis.net/Editor/EditorImages/Computer%20Science.pdf that is currently being used for examinations.

2. The case study is only for HL so don't worry about that

3. Actually there are almost no good IB books for Computer Science unfortunately but there are a lot of online resources. A book that we use at my school (only for some topics and still it covers a few things) is called Computer Science illuminated.

That is about it. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

I'm a Computer Science (both SL and HL) teacher from the UK. 

Happy to help with a question or two if you need it?

I've got a free website where I share all my class resources: http://ib.compscihub.net - maybe that would be helpful.

I also know that there was a textbook published for IB CS SL recently (links on the site). 

All the best

MrC