Urgent and Stupid; My Chemistry IA Problems in a Nutshell

Habash

Hello!

So I'm having a bit of a problem with my Chemistry Internal and my teacher isn't being much of a help. I would seriously appreciate any help with this.

You see, my problem comes from my IA ideas.Our teacher asked us to think of IA ideas for Acids and Bases but I've been questioning its feasibility both practically and IA-wise. I really am in a bind here with the topics. I have some amount of time before our Chemistry IA idea is due, but I would prefer I finish my idea and do the experiment as early as possible to account for anything unexpected going by.

My first idea is about rate of change in percent ionisation and its relation to temperature for various household acids. It seems a bit silly, but I think it's simple yet broad enough to allow me to investigate a relationship. Obviously, I could expand on this, but I'm not quite sure how. This experiment should be quite feasible, 

My second idea is about rates of absorption of gases in water. The setup for this is quite complicated, and I very much doubt we have any of the materials or equipment necessary for this, but I'm trying to find something around it. So far, nothing.

Those are my two ideas for acids and bases. Frankly, I like the first, but I'm not sure if it's complicated enough. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

These are quite good topics for someone who has exams not until two years later.

Later you will learn about equilibrium and how equilibrium affects acid and base behaviour. I think the temperature one is really good. Also the rates of absorption of gases is not necessarily acid-base reaction. Yes if there's CO2 in water you make carbonic acid but you think the set up is really complicated then don't go for it.