Sign in to follow this  

Math Methods SL Fishing Rod Portfolio

So I am working on my math portfolio. It asks us to use matrix methods to find quadratic and cubic functions with the given data. From what my teacher showed us in class we need to have an inverse matrix of the variables of the equation multiplied against the y-value. for example, the x value is 2, and the y value is 23, so she told us to plug in 2 into a ax^2+bx+c formula, and to make c=1. so my matrix for that variable would be [4 2 1] = [23]. however i have 9 values, a 9x3 matrix, and inverses can only be done on square matrices, can i just break it up into 3 smaller 3x3 matrices? and am i finding what the constant is with this ?

hey dude can u post up your entire portfolio. like scan it or w/e. that way it'd be easier to help

p.s is every1 in the world doing the same type 1 and type 2 portfolios? if the school doesn't change the topics?