NYU AD acceptance

arimas

I'm currently an IB in my last year of the program, and I'm concidering applying to NYU AD. But can I get accepted with only 28 IB points as a predicted? Keeping in mind that I'm taking both math and physics HL, I have many CAS activities and generally see myself as hardworking. What are my chances of getting accepted?

Predicted grades are subject to change. Try your best to get 30 or more subject points (equivalent of straight 5s). I don't work with admission so I can't say. An alumni from my school is at NYU right now she got I think around 39-40 / 45.

When it comes to extracurriculars and CAS activities, quality over quantity. 
If you are truly hardworking, then you can definitely get a higher score provided that you don't have extenuating circumstances.

NYU is one of the super hard to get into Unis.

Next, it depends on your course. Frankly, I doubt they will let you in for Econ/engineering/thatkindofthing with your grades. Even with your extracurriculars , it seems really unlikely to me. Like kw0573 said, you can improve your predicteds. Plus an outstanding essay would help.

But in my opinion, NYU seems unlikely unless you have a course that it is not considered "academically challenging".

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

King112.

PS: If you're exceptionally good at sports, maybe consider a sports scholarship kind of thing to get in? 

• 4 weeks later...

in case you're still looking for answers... here's where you can find more data like acceptance rate (you have to calculate it): http://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/admissions/student-profiles.html

NYUAD differs from other schools in that they don't go by points or scores only, personality and passion actually do matter to them quite a lot, this increases your chances.

on average, the admitted student has 40 total predicted points, and achieves a high 30 in the end, from what I've heard. 

Several of my friends go there, so if you have any very specific questions, feel free to reply here and I'll ask them for you. good luck with your application!

Edited by lelu

I live in AD and hear a lot about NYUAD as well as keep a constant stream of communication with them.

It's a really tough school with an equal emphasis on academic achievement and 'passion and personality' as mentioned earlier.

If you're able to write an outstanding Common App essay and ace your 'Why NYU?' supplementary writing as well as have extraordinary extracurriculars, it is possible you be accepted (albeit without financial aid).  I would definitely give it my best shot if I were you.

Just ensure that you will not fail the IB at the end of the year! 

• Like 1

I live in AD and hear a lot about NYUAD as well as keep a constant stream of communication with them.

It's a really tough school with an equal emphasis on academic achievement and 'passion and personality' as mentioned earlier.

If you're able to write an outstanding Common App essay and ace your 'Why NYU?' supplementary writing as well as have extraordinary extracurriculars, it is possible you be accepted (albeit without financial aid).  I would definitely give it my best shot if I were you.

Just ensure that you will not fail the IB at the end of the year! 

Do you know where exemplary NYU AD essays can be found?

I just want to see their preferences.