Does God exist?

Solaris

GOD : 'Generator Operator Destructor'

There is nearly no evidence to support the existence of GOD. But some people really claim that GOD exists, by telling that they have seen him. Unless there is strong evidence to support the statement, you cannot consider it as 'truth'. But still mass majority of people live with the blind belief that GOD exists. What do you think, does GOD exist? Or humans just do not want to accept the truth due to 'neediness', by thinking if i pray to GOD, then i will get the thing i want.

Edited by Solaris

Unless there is strong evidence to support the statement, you cannot consider it as 'truth'.

Hehe, I remember a history debate from agessss ago that resulted in "HAVE YOU SEEN GOD?" whenever the anti-God side ran out of things to say. Pro-God side won in the end though. :P

I personally don't believe in God. I also don't really care what you believe in as long as you don't shove your beliefs at me.

theres not really any evidence either way. The main problem i see is that the existence of god can never be proved unless you see him, and the pro god side get around this by the your not allowed to question it thing.

I personally dont believe in god because if he existed, i cant see it being possible for people to not believe in him. Its a belief, its not fact. If you believe in it fair enough, im not convinced, dont murder me.

I do believe in an existance of a supreme power who has created this world and will judge us eventually.

So who created this Supreme power? Was this supreme matter just accidentally created?

I think, it really depends on what you consider as GOD. the ultimate force that drives the whole universe. GOD for me is 'Dark Energy' ('ether', as said my Einstein) or the 'constant speed at which the universe is expanding' which Einstein named it by the cosmological constant Λ (lambda) in his relativity equations.

31e0e791bac9a491a8232c08e043b6b5.png

Edited by Solaris

So who created this Supreme power? Was this supreme matter just accidentally created?

I think, it really depends on what you consider as GOD. the ultimate force that drives the whole universe. GOD for me is 'Dark Energy' ('ether', as said my Einstein) or the 'constant speed at which the universe is expanding' which Einstein named it by the cosmological constant Λ (lambda) in his relativity equations.

31e0e791bac9a491a8232c08e043b6b5.png

right...

no one created the supreme power, he created everything else. It's not a matter of "chicken and the egg"!

• Like 1

"He" is just a convention used because attributing femininity to God introduces the diversion of sexuality, and the use of "it" implies inferiority.

Asking who created God is a stupid argument. Surely you guys realize that saying that there was an uncaused cause for something is not any more illogical than saying that something happened without a cause at all?

Edited by Mr. Shiver
  • Like 2

Look people, considering this is a Debate forum, technically it's so that you can argue so I don't want to lock threads since that kind of kills the point. But yes, this thread is moving towards spam. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, or any new argument to make, just refrain from saying anything at all. The spam will be deleted.

Does God exist? Probrably not.

If there is, you're not going to find him/her/it by looking at religion, which is a wholly human construct.

Maybe there are many. I don't know. Who gives a damn? Just live a good life now, quit worrying about the future.

"If there is no God, there is no hope for the less fortunate. And without hope we are all nothing."

That's a slap in the face of all people who have ever tried to help the less fortunate. If you think the world is broken then fix it, don't pray for it. Hope is a delusion- let's make it so that everyone doesn't have to hope. It's what any true god would want.

Saying things like that is what has kept the less fortunate at the bottom of society. "It's okay, you'll go to heaven" just will not wash any longer.

Edited by laneolaneo1
  • Like 3

I have to agree with Mr. Shiver. After studying nerves, blood, biology and chemistry in detail, there is too much to have happened by organised chance (i.e. evolution).

Chemicals arranged to notify pain, even conscience, is just enormous. How a bat's ear works, how we've evolved a prefrontal cortex, things basically useless etc etc have to show some sort of premeditated design.

• Like 1

You can't prove the existance of God, nor can you prove the inexistance of God.

First of all, what does God classify as? We can all argue night and day what exactly is God. Is he a higher being? An Omnipotent power? An ultimate energy? Or simply an old man with a white beard sitting in the clouds with his son Jesus rubbing his hands together and laughing of the destruction of the earth?

We can NEVER know who, what or where God is, if he exists, or even if we exist ourselves!

I know the old age argument is God says in the bible he created the universe in 7 days! God said he created adam and eve! What people often forget is that the Bible was written in ancient times, when the trend of the ancient people is often to dramatize, and write in very literal way (I mean ome on, we all know now that when we have a bad crop seasons it's not becausr this god and that god were fighting or something along those way). Basically what people say is religion is not valid in an argument because it oppose science.....

People also forget the world doesn't revolve around Christianity. Islam, the fastest growing religion, supports the evolution theory, draws many scientific explanations (the creation of the zygote for instance) and still has an emphasis on this mysterious God. Islam doesn't even discard the big bang theory, depends on how you interpret certain verses.

I don't believe in God. Just seems way too "unreal" to me.

I could easily talk about something named Terion and say he created the world with no proof.

So I talk about Terion throughout my entire life, most likely I will have affected people. They will then affect other people, and this process will continue like dominos. 2000 years down, who's to say people won't think that this being called Terion actually did create the world?

Did I make any sense?? :P :P

Edited by TerioN.

I don't believe in God. Just seems way too "unreal" to me.

I could easily talk about something named Terion and say he created the world with no proof.

So I talk about Terion throughout my entire life, most likely I will have affected people. They will then affect other people, and this process will continue like dominos. 2000 years down, who's to say people won't think that this being called Terion actually did create the world?

Did I make any sense?? :P :P

Yes but the people you talk to must be very stupid or uneducated (ignorant? unaware of culture/religion? kids with blank minds?). Otherwise, their own ideal god(s) would be too firmly implanted in their brains for your talk to make any difference.

Yes but the people you talk to must be very stupid or uneducated (ignorant? unaware of culture/religion? kids with blank minds?). Otherwise, their own ideal god(s) would be too firmly implanted in their brains for your talk to make any difference.

Yeah but if there was no god firmly implanted in their brains. Say Christianity was the first religion (I don't know what is, too lazy to do research on this), so before it there was no God or nothing. Then I come along and supposedly explain our existence with a creature named God. Since there is no "god implanted in their brain" at the moment, they accept my idea of God.

Then would my talk make any sense?

I dunno, I'm just spitting stuff out :P

• Like 1

Yeah but if there was no god firmly implanted in their brains. Say Christianity was the first religion (I don't know what is, too lazy to do research on this), so before it there was no God or nothing. Then I come along and supposedly explain our existence with a creature named God. Since there is no "god implanted in their brain" at the moment, they accept my idea of God.

Then would my talk make any sense?

I dunno, I'm just spitting stuff out :P

Ah, I see. You're saying that assuming the notion of God had not yet existed, and I came along... Makes sense. :P

• Like 1

I have to agree with Mr. Shiver. After studying nerves, blood, biology and chemistry in detail, there is too much to have happened by organised chance (i.e. evolution).

Chemicals arranged to notify pain, even conscience, is just enormous. How a bat's ear works, how we've evolved a prefrontal cortex, things basically useless etc etc have to show some sort of premeditated design.

Believe in God if you want, that is fine.

But leave out the misunderstandings of evolution and the Paley's-watch-esque arguments that no longer have any weight.

Come on, this design nonsense has had its day. Most of the Christians I know are embaressed by this dilution of reasonable thinking wth what is essentially a lack of knowledge about what drives evolution.

Edited by laneolaneo1