Math HL in Game Design

spidermanfan244244

Hey there, 

I have a question regarding Math HL. I want to do game design in college, but I find Math HL to be too tough. I'm considering switching to Math SL. Would this in any way put me to a disadvantage? I prefer getting a 6 or 7 in Math SL, to getting a 3 or 4 in Math HL. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

:lol:

Hey there, 

I have a question regarding Math HL. I want to do game design in college, but I find Math HL to be too tough. I'm considering switching to Math SL. Would this in any way put me to a disadvantage? I prefer getting a 6 or 7 in Math SL, to getting a 3 or 4 in Math HL. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

It all depends on the school. Out here in the United States most colleges/unis only award us credit for our HL classes. However maybe it's different where you live. I would say that because both classes teach relatively the same material you wouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage. HL could go more in depth in calculus if that's the option your school picks but calculus isn't used in game design as much as statistics/trig/geo/linear algebra are used. If you're going for a high score on your diploma then I'd recommend switching to SL, but if you're up for the challenge, learning some extra math can never hurt! ^o^

• Like 1

Hey there, 

Thank you in advance.

It is definitely better to get a 6 or 7 in Math SL than a 3 or 4 in HL and Math HL is not really that important for game design. So if you find yourself struggling with Math HL you can switch it if you want.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey there, 

Thank you in advance.

It all depends on the school. Out here in the United States most colleges/unis only award us credit for our HL classes. However maybe it's different where you live. I would say that because both classes teach relatively the same material you wouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage. HL could go more in depth in calculus if that's the option your school picks but calculus isn't used in game design as much as statistics/trig/geo/linear algebra are used. If you're going for a high score on your diploma then I'd recommend switching to SL, but if you're up for the challenge, learning some extra math can never hurt! ^o^

Hey there, 

Thank you in advance.

It is definitely better to get a 6 or 7 in Math SL than a 3 or 4 in HL and Math HL is not really that important for game design. So if you find yourself struggling with Math HL you can switch it if you want.

Thank you so much guys!! I switched to math SL and am now getting only sevens. It's so much easier too.

Thank you SO MUCH!

:wub:

• 1 year later...