What Do We Need to Know for the New Sci. Curriculum?

Hey guys!

Does anyone else find the previous science outcomes easier to understand and study?

For instance, instead of "Distinguish between type I and type II diabetes", the new outcome is "Applications: Causes and treatment of type I and type II diabetes". While the old outcome tells you specifically what you need to know, the new outcome doesn't provide you any insight into what they expect you to know. My bio teacher doesn't know how to teach the new curriculum, so he just shows us ted talks in class. 

Our entire class has been asking about this: Do we need to know the "Application", "Skills", and the "Nature of Science" section for the 2016 Exams?

Thank you for your inputs :)

I'm of the opinion that yes, we are supposed to know those sections. However, I think that the new syllabus provides more information in contrary to the old one. Using your example, now we are required to know causes AND treatment of diabetes I and II, not just a few differences between them, that could be anything. I am personally happy with the new program outline, however, I can't be sure until my exams in 2017. 

With each new syllabus, IB publishes a full set of "specimen" paper. Try ask your teachers if they have access to this. Having briefly read through the said papers in chemistry, I did not find any question to be heavy applications or link to real life (or that Internationalmindedness stuff) without providing you with enough data or guidance in previous parts. That is, the style of questions closely resembles that from the past. If any of these application stuff exist, the closest would be in paper 3 where IB expects great depth of one topic so a very small extent of making connections to real life is expected.