Hi guys! I take BM HL and I'm planning for my IA topic to be Should (company name) centralize the human resource function in their company? However, I'm not very sure what kind of quantitative and qualitative data I can collect that will be relevant to my investigation? Furthermore, will tools such as SWOT analysis or force field analysis be suitable for an IA on human resource?

I rarely see any IAs on human resource, so I'm quite worried.... :-(

Edited by Twisty Wisty

Even I haven't come across any IAs in human resources. The problem with human resources is that the analysis that can be done of it is very less. Also, there aren't many tools that you can use for the IA. My suggestion is that you look for other problems in the organization that can be better analyzed and that has a scope for investigation. Since you're taking HL, the examiners expect you to look for complex problems that require a lot of analysis. 

This is what I think, however I think it would also be a good idea to talk to your teacher and get their opinion on this. Best of luck.