Computer Science bad choice?!

kevG

I feel like Computer Science was a bad choice for me. It's not like I'm failing or anything, I usually get around 5's (Occasional 6's).

We have an amazing CS teacher (Which is one of the reasons I took CS), but still the average of my class is around 2.6 in the tests. And I feel like I'm a level "5" or "6" student cause the grading boundaries are incredibly low as they're graded on the curve so that half our class doesn't fail. For example, the last test was so hard that for a 5 was set as 50%, which might seem as super low. I got 52% on that test and the class highest was 57%.

The people are struggling in the class because of this. I don't know if it's just because of the tests that our teacher gives us or cause of our ability, but I'm genuinely scared for the actual exams, not only for me, but for all my friends who take CS. It's honestly cause of how vague the syllabus can be. They changed it again and now we only have one set of examples. Plus the case study this year relates to none of our topics, while last year it related to networking.

So yeah I just wanted to know if there was anyone who felt the same way. I only took this course cause I thought I would fare well in it as I consecutively got A*s in IGCSE, but boy I was wrong.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I feel the same, but i never really had a choice.

Hi, I'm Ayesha, i was wondering how are you doing with JAVA, and earlier in some other post you mentioned something about CS notes online? could you link me to them ?

1 hour ago, Ayesha said:

I feel the same, but i never really had a choice.

Hi, I'm Ayesha, i was wondering how are you doing with JAVA, and earlier in some other post you mentioned something about CS notes online? could you link me to them ?

Please don't revive old topics. Thank you.