I'm just starting to think about my topic/question.

I know I want the subject to be history? Would a question like this one be usable?

"How did morality, religion, and views of sex affect how syphilis was seen in 15th century Europe?"

Obviously I can change it as I start actually developing my essay but is this a good starting point?

Well mine was initially 

How do the authors of The Great Gatsby and Their Eyes Were Watching God use characterization and common themes as a means of criticising the authors societal structure? but now i have to change their eyes to another book since we did it in class, and in order for it to be a comparative i need the second book to be from another language. 
Any suggestions? 

ahh, um...

i'm a bit unsure of what mine is, but...

i was thinking of "How does Hirohiko Araki interpret moral differences with the conflicting goals and personalities of the protagonist, Johnny Joestar, and the antagonist, Funny Valentine, in Part 7 of his ongoing Manga series 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure'?

but i am unsure of if that is a good question or not...

it's going into the art category, but I am really nervous and uncertain of how I should conduct research or anything like that.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi i want to do my EE on the civil war and was thinking about going into the topic of The industrial revolution after the war. Thoughtss??

3 hours ago, Uly said:

Hi i want to do my EE on the civil war and was thinking about going into the topic of The industrial revolution after the war. Thoughtss??

I'd call it the Second Industrial Revolution as some cursory research on my part revealed that to be the term preferred by historians as most generally view The Industrial Revolution to have ended by the 1840's. I think it's really interesting. You're avoiding modernity, and it's certainly a topic more off the beaten path. Well done. Loads of potential.

P.s. Certainly don't read all of it as it's more indirectly related to your topic, but I can recommend the first few chapters of Amanda Foreman's A World on Fire. I think it will offer you some good, in-depth information about some things that you'll really want to have a solid basis in for your essay: the southern and northern economies, imports and taxation, and development in the U.S. And it reads really fast.

Edited by Nomenclature
Added note about book
  • Like 1

Hi, I don´t know yet what am I going to make my EE from, but I was certainly getting involved with something related to cinema.

I was thinking of making it in Language1, with something related to Stanley Kubrick's film: "2001: A Space Odyssey", and how this film had an influence in future science fiction movies, or maybe how does it can be considered as an accurate representation of our present.

Any suggestions? maybe some ideas about analyzing movies? what movie can I analyze in language 1? should I do my EE with this film? 

Edited by Alonso Rivas

6 hours ago, Alonso Rivas said:

Hi, I don´t know yet what am I going to make my EE from, but I was certainly getting involved with something related to cinema.

I was thinking of making it in Language1, with something related to Stanley Kubrick's film: "2001: A Space Odyssey", and how this film had an influence in future science fiction movies, or maybe how does it can be considered as an accurate representation of our present.

Any suggestions? maybe some ideas about analyzing movies? what movie can I analyze in language 1? should I do my EE with this film? 

You would have to do a Film EE if you were to do this, and what's more is that generally students are discouraged from trying to analyze the influence of an artistic work in a 4000 word essay as it is nearly impossible. You'd have to study multiple other movies, referring to them and back to the original; I would not recommend it. With your second thesis, I'm not quite sure what you mean but it sounds better. But I'd say this is a certainly a film EE. If you read the EE guide, you'll also see that. I know they say "films" can be part of category 3 texts but if you look at their examples and descriptions it's clear that they aren't referring to obras cinematográficas (I couldn't really think of a good way to put that in English :huh:  :D).

• Like 1

I am junior and we are starting our EE and I need a research question. I am really interested in Chemistry and want to in some way relate my ee topic to medicine as well as chemistry since I want to pursue a career in medicine. I want to stray away from a topic that involves caffeine in something etc, as well as aspirin since they always come up when talking about Chemistry EE. I am very indecisive and unsure so I could really use the help! Thank youuu:)

The subject for my EE is Social and Cultural Anthropology. My School doesn't offer that as a course, but I thought that I would do just fine learning Cultural and Social Anthropology on my own. BIG Mistake, I don't even know if I am doing the right research and my supervisor, the only teacher in my school with knowledge of Social and Cultural anthropology, doesn't fully remember everything from his college course. It's way to late to change my subject and the essay is due when I come back from break on the 3rd....CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!

Here are the titles that I have so far...I don't know if these are correct.... 

Japanese Culture: Global, Political and Medial enforced bias    
The authenticity of Japanese Conformism: in context of Global and Medial enforced bias    

Edited by What's Sleep?

Hi. I'm thinking of writing my EE based on Disney's Frozen since I enjoy movies so much and deep down in me I'm a big fan of Disney movies :rolleyes:

My RQ would be "How does the portrayal of gender stereotypes in Disney's Frozen effect the self esteem of children in the US?"

1. Is it narrow enough? Or should I narrow it down to female/male stereotypes? Is 'self esteem' specific enough?

2. This is under category 2b right? Please correct me if I'm wrong 

Thanks in advance for helping :D

Hey guys

Im doing my EE on chemistry and i have no idea what to do. I was thinking maybe something to do with medicine, but if you have any ideas about anything i would love to hear them. Im quite desperate and slightly lost :P

Music - To what extent do the musical elements of Karawitan and Balinese gamelan music differ due to the differences in context

Need help with some anime recommendations for my EE pls! My essay question is How are Japanese cultural code embedded in Japanese animation

Hi! I am writing a Literature paper that compares and contrasts the theme of the power of language in Markus Zusak's "The Book Thief", and "Dante's Inferno". 

My question is: How should I format my EE? i.e paragraph 1: theme in The Book Thief, p 2: theme in the Inferno.... I don't really know

On 6/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Amirulmz said:

Need help with some anime recommendations for my EE pls! My essay question is How are Japanese cultural code embedded in Japanese animation

Which category are you doing? Which language and subject? 

On 9/1/2018 at 9:57 PM, woofwoof725 said:

Hi! I am writing a Literature paper that compares and contrasts the theme of the power of language in Markus Zusak's "The Book Thief", and "Dante's Inferno". 

My question is: How should I format my EE? i.e paragraph 1: theme in The Book Thief, p 2: theme in the Inferno.... I don't really know

Yep, that would work. As long as you are consistent.